• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Different Driver Depot, Route and Traction cards

newtownmgr

Thanks, I've removed XC HSTs from all depots. I think I'll leave Tyseley out unless other people feel different - adding depot drivers, even though at Tyseley they're mainline qualified, will probably over complicate things.
Tyseley drivers, whilst being mainline drivers do not come off the depot & stay fully within depot boundaries. It’s basically a sub depot of New St & managed by New St. the drivers are a mixture of medically restricted/removed from Mainline/volunters. The same applies for Soho.

Worcester also has a dedicated shed link on the same basis as Tyseley,but obviously that’s not seperate from the main depot.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

craigybagel

Established Member
Afternoon all - I've finally had time to go through and do some big updates. The biggest changes have been a long desired tidy up of Southeastern's metro depots which I hope I've done justice to - however I think it's inevitable with such a complicated network I'll have made some mistakes so please let me know if that is the case.

I've deleted Northern and LNWR 319s (yes I know Northerns are still in service on an ad-hoc basis but they'll end soon and I'm assuming no new training will take place), TfW 170s (see Northern 319s) and TPE 68s. On the plus side, I've added 730s to LNWR Bletchley, and updated training on these units for Crewe and Wolves which I understand is now taking place. I've also added 221s to GC at Bradford.

Thanks as always for the many posters publicly and privately who've helped me to keep this list going.

To catch up on all of the other info I've had passed on to me over the last few weeks:
I am not sure if you are interested in this or not but i have aquired the current up to date Irish Rail drivers information.

I know it is not really the UK but many of their drivers drive trains in to the UK (NI) and the railway network is certainly the most similar to ours.
Thanks again for this, it's been very informative. I think I'm going to leave this aside as relatively speaking it's only a small amount of drivers a small amount of the time that work into the United Kingdom - and that if I included all of Irish Rail I should following the same logic include all of SNCF and SNCB through their Eurostar work! I'd love to see continued discussion of IR ops on it's own thread however.
Hi all,

I’ve had a wee look through all of the replies but I can’t seem to see the info I’m after if anyone can help.

Is there an updated route and traction card for LNER drivers based at Doncaster?

I believe it’s only a small depot - any ideas how many drivers are based there?

Thanks all!
I've subsequently discovered that LNER drivers no longer cover their 67 thunderbirds, so 67s have been deleted from Doncaster and Kings Cross depots.
Liverpool Street (ex Anglia) sign 755s now too, a couple of diagrams have booked 755s now. In terms of routes, there's also a diagram where they refresh High Meads, so I imagine that is on their route card.
Thanks, updated.
Tyseley drivers, whilst being mainline drivers do not come off the depot & stay fully within depot boundaries. It’s basically a sub depot of New St & managed by New St. the drivers are a mixture of medically restricted/removed from Mainline/volunters. The same applies for Soho.

Worcester also has a dedicated shed link on the same basis as Tyseley,but obviously that’s not seperate from the main depot.
Thanks, I think that confirms my suspicions that Tysley is best left off of this thead.
SWR Strawberry Hill have now lost Waterloo to Guildford via Cobham
Thanks, updated.

Last edited:

DA1

Afternoon all - I've finally had time to go through and do some big updates. The biggest changes have been a long desired tidy up of Southeastern's metro depots which I hope I've done justice to - however I think it's inevitable with such a complicated network I'll have made some mistakes so please let me know if that is the case.
Great effort, looks very tidy. Just one I’ve initially spotted is Dartford doesn’t sign London to Orpington via Penge East.

TEW

Established Member
SWR Woking you can Waterloo to Dorking. Training is still ongoing but they have had booked work on the route from the timetable change.

Odyssey

Can someone on here please explain to me the situation with PRE Metro operations, their route and traction knowledge and whether they should have their own listing? I keep reading in the ASLEF press releases that a pay deal has been agreed there. So presumably they are "heavy rail" trained drivers with European Train Driving Licenses represented by ASLEF driving a "Very Light Rail" train? With just route knowledge for the Stourbridge town branch and class 139 traction. Hope nobody minds me asking this question on this thread. I am just curious about these things and can't find any other posts about it.

craigybagel

Established Member
Victoria, Orpington, Gillingham, faversham, Dover, Ramsgate and Ashford all sign via the Catford loop also
Thanks. I've had a few messages publicly and privately about some corrections for SE, I'll be doing them soon when I can access a computer
Can someone on here please explain to me the situation with PRE Metro operations, their route and traction knowledge and whether they should have their own listing? I keep reading in the ASLEF press releases that a pay deal has been agreed there. So presumably they are "heavy rail" trained drivers with European Train Driving Licenses represented by ASLEF driving a "Very Light Rail" train? With just route knowledge for the Stourbridge town branch and class 139 traction. Hope nobody minds me asking this question on this thread. I am just curious about these things and can't find any other posts about it.
It's a very fair question. I know the people who work there act both as drivers and guards and swap roles during the shift, and they obviously only sign 139s and the Stourbridge town branch. I'd assume they need licences but I'm honestly not sure. I'll leave that for others to decide whether or not they should be included.
Only PLY, and those west of PLY sign 2+4 HSTs now on GWR
Cheers. Did even the link at Exeter GWR that signs Penzance lose them?
Northern Carlisle drivers sign all the way to Morpeth.
The last I heard, it was just guards who signed Morpeth and drivers only went to Newcastle, unless that has changed? I guess they're a bit more free since they lost their Dumfries work....

SWR Woking you can Waterloo to Dorking. Training is still ongoing but they have had booked work on the route from the timetable change.
Cheers, added that in.

Ytfc117

Thanks. I've had a few messages publicly and privately about some corrections for SE, I'll be doing them soon when I can access a computer

It's a very fair question. I know the people who work there act both as drivers and guards and swap roles during the shift, and they obviously only sign 139s and the Stourbridge town branch. I'd assume they need licences but I'm honestly not sure. I'll leave that for others to decide whether or not they should be included.

Cheers. Did even the link at Exeter GWR that signs Penzance lose them?

The last I heard, it was just guards who signed Morpeth and drivers only went to Newcastle, unless that has changed? I guess they're a bit more free since they lost their Dumfries work....

Cheers, added that in.

Yessir, even the Exeter Drivers that sign PNZ lost them.

QwertyAfro

Paddington HSS
Traction:
08/57/80x
Routes:
Paddington - Swansea plus diversions
Paddington - Exeter plus diversions (including all ways through Bristol)
Didcot Parkway - Oxford
Gloucester - Cheltenham

Paddington GWR
Traction:
16x, 387, 80x
Routes:
Paddington - Oxford
Paddington - Bedwyn
West Ealing - Greenford
Slough - Windsor
Paddington - Bristol (one link only)
Bristol PW - Cardiff (one link only)

Just a couple of things for both GWR/HSS at PADD;

- HSS signed off Didcot - Oxford a couple of years ago

- 08's are long gone (ex OOC)

- GWR Padd - Bristol (BTM) via Box is two links now since May 23 and top link incl. Swindon - Bristol PW - Cardiff with Filton diversion

- Still no hard date for Class 230 (Greenford) but all except top link should sign

craigybagel

Established Member
Just a couple of things for both GWR/HSS at PADD;

- HSS signed off Didcot - Oxford a couple of years ago

- 08's are long gone (ex OOC)

- GWR Padd - Bristol (BTM) via Box is two links now since May 23 and top link incl. Swindon - Bristol PW - Cardiff with Filton diversion

- Still no hard date for Class 230 (Greenford) but all except top link should sign
Thanks, need to sit down and do another big update soon, I'll add that to the list.
Preston TPE currently learning Golborne Jn-Ordsall Lane (Chat Moss)
I'm surprised they didn't have this already? Seems a pretty obvious diversion.

craigybagel

Established Member
Just a thought from reading this do Bristol Templemeeds GWR sign the 150s still?
The last I heard there were still some who signed them to get them on and off the depot for maintenance - but I did wonder myself if it was still the case.

Anonymous10

Established Member
The last I heard there were still some who signed them to get them on and off the depot for maintenance - but I did wonder myself if it was still the case.
Ah ok. I'm an outsider to the industry but 150s don't often work those routes so I wonder how they maintained competence

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
got taken off them but now its coming back!
It's been on and off for several years now. Doesn't seem to be any concerted effort to keep it on the route card in the long-term.

PlexiDriver

Just a quick one, Paddington HEX do sign to Heathrow Terminal 4 (it's not a regular route, usually just Christmas but it's still expected in terms of route knowledge!)

scrapy

Established Member
Minor alteration but Northern Manchester Victoria and Wigan drivers now sign Wigan to Headbolt Lane not Kirkby. Similarly Merseyrail Kirkdale and Southport sign to Headbolt Lane not Kirkby now. The guards section also needs changing

Wigan drivers also sign Manchester Victoria to Newton Heath depot

Last edited:

craigybagel

Established Member
Thanks again everyone for all of your assistance. I've made some fixes to South Eastern Metro routes although doubtless there's still some mistakes in there so please do let me know!

Preston TPE currently learning Golborne Jn-Ordsall Lane (Chat Moss)

Just a quick one, Paddington HEX do sign to Heathrow Terminal 4 (it's not a regular route, usually just Christmas but it's still expected in terms of route knowledge!)

Minor alteration but Northern Manchester Victoria and Wigan drivers now sign Wigan to Headbolt Lane not Kirkby. Similarly Merseyrail Kirkdale and Southport sign to Headbolt Lane not Kirkby now. The guards section also needs changing

Wigan drivers also sign Manchester Victoria to Newton Heath depot
Thanks, all duly updated. Also giving myself a mild slap across the head for forgetting about Headbolt Lane - I've even paid it a visit in person since it opened!

Grvrdvicdr

Thanks again everyone for all of your assistance. I've made some fixes to South Eastern Metro routes although doubtless there's still some mistakes in there so please do let me know!

Thanks, all duly updated. Also giving myself a mild slap across the head for forgetting about Headbolt Lane - I've even paid it a visit in person since it opened!
Se Grove Park. Blackfriars + catford loop link dependant