• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Different TOCs/FOCs driving experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB1991

Hi can I please ask any drivers here what they think of their firms I probably have another 30/40 years driving ahead of me and just want an honest opinion on what it’s like working for each company possibly going forward.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trevzx6

I worked as a driver for a foc, went to a toc and have recently gone back. Driving freight is much better in my opinion, less weekend work and less very early starts. Pension not as good as at a toc but lifestyle is much better

guard1

I worked as a driver for a foc, went to a toc and have recently gone back. Driving freight is much better in my opinion, less weekend work and less very early starts. Pension not as good as at a toc but lifestyle is much better
I'm looking for a move to freight. I assumed there would be loads of early starts and anti-social shifts?

nb2001uk

what FOC have you gone back to? if you dont mind me asking

cossie4i

It really depends what you want.
If you want shorter shifts, good facilities and be able to plan what you are doing for 6 months stay with a TOC
If you actually want to Drive a train and don’t mind what you are doing week to week, long shifts, poor facilities etc then a FOC

trevzx6

I'm looking for a move to freight. I assumed there would be loads of early starts and anti-social shifts?
Obviously it depends on the foc and which depot you are based at but in my situation there are very few weekends but quite a few nights which suits me better than 0230/0300 book ons and working every other weekend

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Each company? There's about 20-30. What exactly are you after? What constitutes an "experience"?

This is a rather vague question and it would be great if you could clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.