• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Disappointing London Overground

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakerstreet

Unusual for Tf (I think)

London Overground has rail replacement buses scheduled today (Sunday 8/10/2023) in the timetable (and displayed at stations and on apps) between Gunnersbury and Camden Road. See image below.

My planned journey today (planned last night) is between West Hampstead (Overground) and New Cross via Camden Road and Stratford.

On arrival at West Hampstead, staff report there are no rail replacement buses, even though they are standing beneath live dot matrix boards showing their existence in 3, 18 and 33 minutes)
In the end, it’s clear there are no buses, and according to the TfL website there are not meant to be any either.

You must catch a bus (+£1.75) to Camden Road for connections.

This is so frustrating. Not only are my plans and timings irrelevant now, I’ve also wasted c30 mins waiting for a non existent rail replacement bus.

What is the point of live departure boards and journey planners if they simply cannot be relied upon?

is anyone at TfL working at weekends to specifically check for issues on the ground. They do where there’s tube bus replacement.

I will write to customer services and ask if they could fix this for next time.

Rant over. Thank you for reading.

1696760774130.jpeg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
Presumably eligible for delay compensation and I would have thought a refund of the service bus fare due to the effective cancellation of the rail replacement.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Presumably eligible for delay compensation and I would have thought a refund of the service bus fare due to the effective cancellation of the rail replacement.

It's fairly normal practice in TfL-land that service buses act as "rail replacement" and ticket acceptance is not in place, because most people use Oyster or contactless (in which case it's just seen to average out over time) or Travelcards (in which case it doesn't matter).

However it's odd to publish a service that doesn't exist.

island

Veteran Member
It's fairly normal practice in TfL-land that service buses act as "rail replacement" and ticket acceptance is not in place, because most people use Oyster or contactless (in which case it's just seen to average out over time) or Travelcards (in which case it doesn't matter).

However it's odd to publish a service that doesn't exist.
This, and I doubt the 30 minute delay threshold that LO operates to will be met; the delay caused by the OP choosing to wait for a replacement bus having been informed by staff that there weren't any will be deemed to have been self-inflicted.

bakerstreet

This, and I doubt the 30 minute delay threshold that LO operates to will be met; the delay caused by the OP choosing to wait for a replacement bus having been informed by staff that there weren't any will be deemed to have been self-inflicted.
Just to clarify. The buses do not go to the station they stop 5 mins walk around the corner so one does not need to go to the station.
Hence I was relying on planning and live departure information.
It was after wasting 30 minutes that I enquired of staff who were standing beneath said dot matrix departure boards showing non existent buses.

Status
Not open for further replies.