• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Diversions via Sutton Park line Feb 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1009

Established Member
This has been mentioned in a couple of other threads, though I don't believe the significance has been recognised on here. There is a week long blockade between Castle Bromwich and Landor Street next month. Between Monday 17th Feb and Friday 21st Feb Nottingham Cardiff and Stansted Birmingham services are being diverted from Water Orton via Walsall to Birmingham in both directions. I believe this is the first time since the mid 80s that this route has been used for diversions, and is very likely this will be the most trains the route has seen in its history.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
This has been mentioned in a couple of other threads, though I don't believe the significance has been recognised on here. There is a week long blockade between Castle Bromwich and Landor Street next month. Between Monday 17th Feb and Friday 21st Feb Nottingham Cardiff and Stansted Birmingham services are being diverted from Water Orton via Walsall to Birmingham in both directions. I believe this is the first time since the mid 80s that this route has been used for diversions, and is very likely this will be the most trains the route has seen in its history.

But there is already a thread with the same title (apart from date):-

www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=93720

So why duplicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.