• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do "Ordinaria" Trenitalia tickets purchased from Trainline allow BoJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Williams

Established Member
I'm reading the Ts and Cs here: https://www.trenitalia.com/content/..._di_viaggio-Utilizzo_convalida_e_validita.pdf

Does this type of ticket ("Ordinaria" in-app) count as a "Biglietto elettronico regionale", with allowed 4hrs break of journey?

Route: La Spezia Centrale -> Manarola for 5 EUR

I think it's valid on any regional train, with the ability to break at intermediate stations during the 4 hours?

And it won't need validating if it's electronic right? So the only thing to avoid are the Intercity trains?

(Appreciate buying direct from Trenitalia might avoid a Trainline booking fee, but their attempts at i18n/l10n are pretty garbage - sorry!)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
I'm reading the Ts and Cs here: https://www.trenitalia.com/content/..._di_viaggio-Utilizzo_convalida_e_validita.pdf

Does this type of ticket ("Ordinaria" in-app) count as a "Biglietto elettronico regionale", with allowed 4hrs break of journey?

Route: La Spezia Centrale -> Manarola for 5 EUR

I think it's valid on any regional train, with the ability to break at intermediate stations during the 4 hours?

And it won't need validating if it's electronic right? So the only thing to avoid are the Intercity trains?

(Appreciate buying direct from Trenitalia might avoid a Trainline booking fee, but their attempts at i18n/l10n are pretty garbage - sorry!)
Is this some computer jargon? I use the TI site with few problems.

Back to the question: I would assume the standard rules apply, though I have only bought Ordinaria tickets at the TVM where they do need validating.

Gaelan

Is this some computer jargon? I use the TI site with few problems.
For reference, i18n and l10n are short for internationalization and localization (the shorthand comes from the number of letters in between) - i.e. making the website usable to non-Italian speakers.

dutchflyer

Established Member
Maybe. This now differs per region-as such it is yes, BUT most of such tickets have a very limited validity-think of a few hrs-depends on KMs paid for.
Besides that it would be easier to simply buy from machine when there. Most likely this will then appear on the screen.
Also from other sources I understand that just becse of this validity, and need to state start-time (what to do when the delays are big?) it is not even possible to buy online. Such a message will only appear later in the IT-process.

Status
Not open for further replies.