• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do you want to sit down on the Overground during rush hour? Then prepare for war!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
empty-train.jpg

http://www.brelson.com/2011/10/sit-down-on-overground-prepare-for-war/comment-page-1/#comment-209

A bit of humour!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
I personally find the 378s good for short distances - but easily get tired of standing up on them with the frequent stops. It is for this reason that when going from the FCC GN route to Stratford, instead of getting the Moorgate train to Highbury and Islington, I'll go all the way to Moorgate, hop on the Met line one stop (or whatever comes first - usually a Met, which is good as they're always empty! :D ) then straight back off at Liv St, rush across the concourse, find the next Stratford train that I can get to before it leaves (helpfully the boards at Liv St still show trains after the doors have closed and don't take them off the main concourse departure board early) and then jump on - no intermediate stops - to Stratford! Don't know if it's faster but for a medium length journey the 313/(I think it's 314s I get?) seats more comfy :)

radamfi

Established Member
Has anyone considered using a camping stool to avoid standing up on the train? I've got one from Millets and wouldn't go to London during rush hour without it.

PaulLothian

Has anyone considered using a camping stool to avoid standing up on the train? I've got one from Millets and wouldn't go to London during rush hour without it.

Or a shooting stick? Though some envious person might kick it away 'accidentally'...

es373

Hahaha really good! Its much like the way that I play Black Ops on ps3! ha!

Thanks for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.