• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Doctor Who Series 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECML180

I got bored! Followed the story line but didn't seem to appreciate the suspensful/relevant moments fully for some reason, but then again Not Going Out, Miranda and Mrs Browns Boys didn't live up to expectations so maybe I'm in scrooge mode.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanD

Established Member
Forced to sit through it with the family. Thoroughly bored. Fell asleep half way through. More "clever", pretentious writing - let's have some decent storylines instead.

WelshBluebird

Established Member
Would have been nice if the general idea (dreams within dreams within dreams) hadn't been done before, as I am sure anyone who has seen Inception would have guessed what was going on pretty quickly.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I thought it was better than the preceding series. At least the Doctor's lines appeared to have been written for Peter Capaldi instead of Matt Smith.

That said, the plot left a lot to be desired.

Rhydgaled

Established Member
The message at the end of the program, giving the title of the next episode, seems to suggest no new series in 2015: just a special or two.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I didn't read it that way, and there seems to be plenty of information flying around that the new series will start filming in a couple of weeks for an airing later in 2015.

No doubt we'll have a new thread for series 9...!

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Probably a special around Easter, with maybe another 8 week series in August, or something like that.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Who knows (sorry), what exactly will happen regards air dates, but there seems to be a consensus that it will be a series not a couple of specials. But nothing is ever certain in the Who universe!

Jonny

Established Member
Would have been nice if the general idea (dreams within dreams within dreams) hadn't been done before, as I am sure anyone who has seen Inception would have guessed what was going on pretty quickly.

Agreed in principle - although I'm thinking of an earlier Matt Smith episode (Amy's Choice) - but I thought that Moffat managed to pull this one off, given the extra level of urgency (the risk of being eaten alive) and the introduction of Santa Claus. The last part made it more follow-able, since Santa was/is a dream construct throughout the episode i.e. Santa turns up = you're still in that dream state. You've got that 'ice cream' pain? yes = you're still in the dream state.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.