• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Documentary about the rebuild of Dawlish Sea Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
I've been googling around trying to find the documentary that I remember watching about the rebuilding of the Dawlish sea wall by the "Orange Army". Is the documentary that I'm thinking of an episode or 2 from the series "The Railway - First Great Western"? If it isn't, what was the documentary series called?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

QueensCurve

Established Member
I've been googling around trying to find the documentary that I remember watching about the rebuilding of the Dawlish sea wall by the "Orange Army". Is the documentary that I'm thinking of an episode or 2 from the series "The Railway - First Great Western"? If it isn't, what was the documentary series called?

I thought "The Railway - First Great Western" predated the most recent Dawlish sea wall rebuild by about 2 years.

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Hopefully will find out fairly soon, managed to find a copy of The Railway - First Great Western on DVD, so ordered that. It seems to be very hit and miss as to what transport documentary programmes/series get released on DVD

Joe Paxton

Established Member
Hopefully will find out fairly soon, managed to find a copy of The Railway - First Great Western on DVD, so ordered that. It seems to be very hit and miss as to what transport documentary programmes/series get released on DVD

Perhaps rights related issues complicate the issue, that and it's a limited market.

Status
Not open for further replies.