• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Domain Name providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geezertronic

Established Member
I have a couple of domain names which I use for various things but mainly for email redirection and web redirection. I currently use one provider whose email redirection service seems to be very sporadic in as much as I may get a delay receiving the email, on the odd occasion I may not receive the email altogether, so I am looking at changing.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good domain name providers, particularly those who offer good email redirection services?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Gandi.net is who I use for any domain registrations - whilst I can't remark on the quality of the email forwarding specifically, they're competitively priced, UI is decent and they've always been helpful on the rare occasion I've had an issue.

Geezertronic

Established Member
Gandi.net is who I use for any domain registrations - whilst I can't remark on the quality of the email forwarding specifically, they're competitively priced, UI is decent and they've always been helpful on the rare occasion I've had an issue.
Thanks for that, but Gandi does not look to accept .me.uk domains :(

Edit: Actually they do I believe as you can transfer a .me.uk domain into them :)

Lucan

Established Member
I use lcn.com (stands for "low cost names"). Never had a problem. The cheaper top level domains cost about £9 pa with VAT if you take a 5 year deal, otherwise £12 pa, but they offer some for free for the first year. Example :

lcn_price.jpeg

I've always used one.com and not had any problems
They look expensive (£5 pcm ? Their prices are unclear) unless you combine it with hosting. OP wants forwarding only.

Last edited:

najaB

Veteran Member
I second LCN. I also have domains through 123-reg and haven't had any issue other than them auto-renewing a domain that I had set to let expire. Ionos (1 and 1) are pretty good too, they do decent deals on VPSs if you're in need of one.

py_megapixel

Established Member
I use Namecheap. They're cheap, but that's about it - the UI that you administer the domain from is utter rubbish, and their pricing is sometimes in pounds and sometimes in dollars, which is irritating. I'll probably transfer away from them next time I get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.