• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dunblane - London (27th August 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rd rail land

I will be traveling back home on the morning of 27th August and I will be starting my journey at Dunblane station.

Yesterday, 17th August, I was able to get several journey planners to give me a route into London Euston changing at Haymarket and Carlisle departing from Dunblane at 11:00.

This morning I can only get National Rail Enquiries to give me this journey and the best it can come up with is an off peak single rather than the super off peak single that was available yesterday. There is quite a difference in price (88.90 vs. 58.70)

I thought super off peak single was a walk up ticket so I am confused as to why I can no longer get any journey planner to offer this? Also why is this journey not showing up at all on many journey planners despite all three trains still showing as operating?

I want to buy ahead of time to get seat reservations rather than buy on the day and risk having to stand for long periods of time. I am being dropped off at Dunblane around 10:00 so I don't want to have to hang around for hours just to get a cheaper journey.

I hold a disabled persons railcard.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pokemonsuper9

Established Member
I will be traveling back home on the morning of 27th August and I will be starting my journey at Dunblane station.

Yesterday, 17th August, I was able to get several journey planners to give me a route into London Euston changing at Haymarket and Carlisle departing from Dunblane at 11:00.

This morning I can only get National Rail Enquiries to give me this journey and the best it can come up with is an off peak single rather than the super off peak single that was available yesterday. There is quite a difference in price (88.90 vs. 58.70)

I thought super off peak single was a walk up ticket so I am confused as to why I can no longer get any journey planner to offer this? Also why is this journey not showing up at all on many journey planners despite all three trains still showing as operating?

I want to buy ahead of time to get seat reservations rather than buy on the day and risk having to stand for long periods of time. I am being dropped off at Dunblane around 10:00 so I don't want to have to hang around for hours just to get a cheaper journey.

I hold a disabled persons railcard.
I've managed to find that Super Off-Peak Single on Trainsplit, not sure how to share trainsplit info through a link, but if you put in the changes and everything as you said it should be easy to find

Status
Not open for further replies.