• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Early Bachmann class 158 DMU - bodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianuk46

I have a Bachmann class 158 DMU finished in Regional Railways livery. On removing the body to fit a DCC decoder, I was suprised to see that unlike my other class 158's, the roof and body sides are moulded as one unit. The plastic used is the same as used for the tinted windows on later models , and the paint had been applied over the sides, leaving the windows see through. The front and ends are also transparent and painted as appropriate. I have never come across a similar model and wondered if any members can throw some light as to when Bachmann changed over to using separate sides and roofs as per the current models. This model will be going on eBay very soon. SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.