• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East coast stations near Stoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshrowlands

Hi guys I was just wondering is there any stations on the ecml or ecml branches that are near Stoke on Trent? If so which ones?

I would like to broaden my options for getting foot on the railway career ladder but I'm not very clear on the ecml map I'm so used to the wcml with it being my local line, thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

button_boxer

Established Member
Not really, the East Coast line runs via Peterborough, Grantham, Retford and Doncaster. The latter two are the best part of 70 miles from Stoke, the others further.

causton

Established Member
In just about any railway job they will ask you how well you know the railways. I would try and learn where a few key routes and places are, the ECML is pretty basic knowledge so if you let slip in the interview you didn't know where it ran through, I don't think they would take it very well!

Joshrowlands

In just about any railway job they will ask you how well you know the railways. I would try and learn where a few key routes and places are, the ECML is pretty basic knowledge so if you let slip in the interview you didn't know where it ran through, I don't think they would take it very well!
I know most things about how the railway works, how staff on the railway have to work and what to expect and I also know all the geeky stuff that only engineers know and I know a lot about trains and routes/stations/services on the wcml but the ecml route isn't something I'm familiar with and I don't really need to know about it as I won't be getting a job on there with how far away it is from me but I do know about all of the TOC's, stations, routes and history of the wcml

Established Member
and I also know all the geeky stuff that only engineers know

Unless you're an actual engineer and have a relevant degree or qualification then I expect that you probably know less than you think you do.

When applying for jobs employers will look for enthusiasm, but remember there is a fine line between enthusiasm and coming across as a 'know-it-all'.

Status
Not open for further replies.