• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Railway livery and station branding

Status
Not open for further replies.

On Moderation
So the Angel Sets got withdrawn early. Seems fair as with the Introduction of the 180. Keeping 3 until may seems smart given when lockdown ends Capacity will be higher especially after the Vaccine
There’s one Angel set (NL56) being retained.

306 / 308 and 319
finish tonight
308 never started with EMR, let alone finished, and is at Ely.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Azzy49

The one set being retained is that for Temporary use?
Will any of the Class 170's get an Interior Refurbishment? I had a quick look at 170417 and it still has it's Scotrail Interior.

OTRail

The one set being retained is that for Temporary use?
Will any of the Class 170's get an Interior Refurbishment? I had a quick look at 170417 and it still has it's Scotrail Interior.
170s will get a refurbishment in due course, although I can imagine that will start when the WMR units become introduced

Mugby

Established Member
The Class 170 interiors seem quite decent to me, I managed to ride on one in December and it was quite presentable internally, the predominantly blue colours blend rather well with EMR's livery. The strange tip-up double seat in the centre car was something I haven't seen before on a 170.

I would hope the WMR units will get a sort of internal makeover because I imagine their interior colours would positively shout at EMR's livery if left unchanged.

WesternLancer

Established Member
The Class 170 interiors seem quite decent to me, I managed to ride on one in December and it was quite presentable internally, the predominantly blue colours blend rather well with EMR's livery. The strange tip-up double seat in the centre car was something I haven't seen before on a 170.

I would hope the WMR units will get a sort of internal makeover because I imagine their interior colours would positively shout at EMR's livery if left unchanged.
I would think the whole 170 fleet (or most of it) needs a serious interior refurb as part of a rolling programme. I have thought for a while that the XC170s are extremely tatty inside now in addition to work required on the EMR and WMR fleet. I wonder if DfT will move to more common interior styles and fabrics etc as the privatised fleet increasingly becomes operated by what are just contractors, as opposed to franchisees, and DfT controls all aspects of spending?

Domh245

Established Member
I would think the whole 170 fleet (or most of it) needs a serious interior refurb as part of a rolling programme. I have thought for a while that the XC170s are extremely tatty inside now in addition to work required on the EMR and WMR fleet. I wonder if DfT will move to more common interior styles and fabrics etc as the privatised fleet increasingly becomes operated by what are just contractors, as opposed to franchisees, and DfT controls all aspects of spending?

The EMR ones at least are getting a thorough refurbishment as detailed previously (including replacing the current seats with FISA LEANs)

Seems unlikely that they'll standardise the interiors though given the work that's been done for the EMR units

Azzy49

That all makes sense to Me... I can definitely see the Southern 171's to be converted to 170's definitely get a refurbishment due to renumbering and livery change they may as well do the Interior too.

LowLevel

Established Member
Have 170416 - 170420 all entered service now?

170416 is yet to work a passenger train and hasn't left Etches Park for some months. The others have all worked (in fact all 4 have worked passenger trains today, though 418 and 419 have both broken down and been replaced during the day).

RealTrains07

Established Member
Could be? WMR are gonna start losing them soon according to their MD Julien Edwards

Reported by modern railways:
“Mr Edwards says EMR will need 7x2 car ‘170s’ for its timetable in may”

more purple 170s soon?

Azzy49

Could be? WMR are gonna start losing them soon according to their MD Julien Edwards

Reported by modern railways:

more purple 170s soon?
How can't they get 3 Car 170's? I'm aware WMR have 2 and 3 Cat 170's or does it not matter? Maybe the 2 Car need less attention due to being a Car shorter. The centre Cars of the WMR 3 cars will be going to XC. Apparently XC might be getting clas 222's from EMR for extra Capacity.

OTRail

How can't they get 3 Car 170's? I'm aware WMR have 2 and 3 Cat 170's or does it not matter? Maybe the 2 Car need less attention due to being a Car shorter. The centre Cars of the WMR 3 cars will be going to XC. Apparently XC might be getting clas 222's from EMR for extra Capacity.
All the /6s have been shortened I think - 170623 (formerly 523) entered service the other week with XC in its new formation.

py_megapixel

Established Member
I think you've answered your own question there somewhat... the centre cars from the WMT 170s are going to Cross Country to help alleviate overcrowding.

The transfer of the 222s has not been announced; that's pure speculation at this point.

On Moderation
All the /6s have been shortened I think - 170623 (formerly 523) entered service the other week with XC in its new formation.
170631 was still showing as 3-car on the system in the last few days.

The_Train

Established Member
Has it been confirmed anyway as to whether it was just 530 alone or with 531 on the transfer today please?

Azzy49

Well that's the first there... so how many 170's are going to Eastcroft? I understand it's the whole fleet of the WMR 170's so that's over 20 if I'm right in thinking

RealTrains07

Established Member
Well that's the first there... so how many 170's are going to Eastcroft? I understand it's the whole fleet of the WMR 170's so that's over 20 if I'm right in thinking
7 will transfer between now and may. 530 was the first. So 6 to go now for the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.