• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Trains - Vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
For anyone who is interested, East Midlands Trains currently have vacancies for part-time Travel Advisors (ticket office staff) based at Sheffield and Chesterfield, working 16 hours per week.

There are also full-time vacancies for onboard customer hosts at Sheffield and Derby (though the latter is only a temporary post).

Details of how to apply and job descriptions can be found on the Careers section of the East Midlands Trains website.

Good luck to anyone thinking of applying.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Sheffield ticket office? Maybe I should apply. :)

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I wondered how long it would take :lol:

The Sheffield vacancy may not be of interest to people here, but hope the others might be of interest to someone.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The Sheffield vacancy may not be of interest to people here, but hope the others might be of interest to someone.

No, on the contrary. I am seriously considering it given that it is only 16 hours a week. :D

Free reciprocal travel on SWT would mean free travel to all home footie matches for me. What's not to like?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
What's not to like?

Well the rather invasive brain surgery to remove all existing ticketing knowledge and the ability to learn new knowledge would have to be a big negative I'd have thought ;)

Also could Northern or TPE please advertise some booking office vacancies in my area, I'm starting to get jealous of all the ones you guys have down there :lol:

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I'm sure something will come up eventually ainsworth74. :D

bb21 - good luck if you decide to go for it!

RJ

Established Member
I would apply, but it's a bit far for me :(. I'd rather commute all the way to London for work than rely on a somewhat more skeleton service going the other way!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.