• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Yorkshire Motor Services, now part of Go-Ahead

Eyersey468

Established Member
Need to source some extra drivers too, cancellations everyday bar Sundays around Hull, "Due to staffing shortages and other factors outside of our control, we're currently experiencing short-notice cancellations." as EYMS put it.

Does anyone know what happens to the drivers you see training everyday Mon-Friday, do they fail the test, leave shortly after starting or is driver turnover that large? I know they lost drivers during Covid and then presumably more to the road haulage companies but they must have caught up by now?
I agree there will be extra drivers needed. Some of the drivers in training will fail their tests, though quite often drivers leave as others are coming through training, sometimes they struggle to stand still.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

3RDGEN

Thanks for the responses, I suspected turnover was an issue and the working conditions etc. Thankless task really trying to get around Hull and surrounding area roads at present with everyone digging them up.

Busman26

There will be another uplift in service in January, presumably extra vehicles will be getting sourced from somewhere. Part of the uplift is from extra BSIP funding.
Any idea what routes will getting an increase in services please?

Eyersey468

Established Member
Any idea what routes will getting an increase in services please?
It's mostly additional services on Sundays and Bank Holidays though there is talk of them starting to uplift commercial services as well next year

Hullian111

The Volvo BZL electric demonstrator from back in July is returning until January, they've held a roadshow of sorts for it today:

The attached poster in the linked tweet reads:
Join us on Wednesday 29 November between 10AM and 1:30PM at Queen Victoria Square and 2pm and 3:30pm at Hessle Square for a demo of an electric bus and give your opinion on the future of transport in Hull and the East Riding!
And here's what was put up in the window:
ZSD_0526.JPG
Caught it late in Hessle Square today, complete with a crew of high-vis-wearing East Riding Council employees, East Yorkshire staff and MCV and Volvo reps. They were blocking up all the parking spaces with it and surveying members of the public for their opinions of this bus and having electric buses enter service in Hull and the East Riding as part of the "public engagement" phase of the East Riding of Yorkshire Council's Zero Emissions Bus Regional Areas 2 (ZEBRA 2) bid to the central government. The word is that the double-decker BZL will be coming in January to go on trial after it. Seeing as how they've gone back to the BZL, I have a feeling now that East Yorkshire might order some if the electric bus money comes in!

BoroAndy

The Volvo BZL electric demonstrator from back in July is returning until January, they've held a roadshow of sorts for it today:

The attached poster in the linked tweet reads:

And here's what was put up in the window:
View attachment 147524
Caught it late in Hessle Square today, complete with a crew of high-vis-wearing East Riding Council employees, East Yorkshire staff and MCV and Volvo reps. They were blocking up all the parking spaces with it and surveying members of the public for their opinions of this bus and having electric buses enter service in Hull and the East Riding as part of the "public engagement" phase of the East Riding of Yorkshire Council's Zero Emissions Bus Regional Areas 2 (ZEBRA 2) bid to the central government. The word is that the double-decker BZL will be coming in January to go on trial after it. Seeing as how they've gone back to the BZL, I have a feeling now that East Yorkshire might order some if the electric bus money comes in!
Would be nice for a demo in Scarborough, with the new depot coming

trawler

RM-Taylor

773 next due in paint shop (or so I am told)

That will just leave 714, 756 (when advert contract expires), 766 and 815 to be painted into new livery

Hullian111

773 next due in paint shop (or so I am told)

That will just leave 714, 756 (when advert contract expires), 766 and 815 to be painted into new livery
Isn't 698 still on fleet, too? I think it doesn't get out much, but I've seen a recent photo of it still in the old livery.

Eyersey468

Established Member
Isn't 698 still on fleet, too? I think it doesn't get out much, but I've seen a recent photo of it still in the old livery.
It is, but from what I've heard 698 is unlikely to be getting the new colours, I'd be surprised if it's still on the fleet at the end of this year

GNE 6064, a Wright Gemini 2 bodied Volvo B5LH which was converted to diesel is transferring to EY as its fleet number 817

4 ADL Enviro 200s are transferring to EY for the uplift in service later this month, YX63 LKY/Z, LLC/J

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

Was just about to mention the 4 E200s which have been transferred in.

Any idea when 912 will be back on the road? Not been seen since September

698 and 705 will be gone before the end of 2024

Eyersey468

Established Member
Was just about to mention the 4 E200s which have been transferred in.

Any idea when 912 will be back on the road? Not been seen since September

698 and 705 will be gone before the end of 2024
Didn't know it was off the road to be honest

Fox192

Are they getting any more that buses that Go North East is withdrawing, or just 6064?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eyersey468

Established Member
Are they getting any more that buses that Go North East is withdrawing, or just 6064?
As far as I know just 6064, though I was told today thar the 3 ex London Optare Olympus bodied ADL Enviro400s will be staying as permanent members of the fleet

RM-Taylor

As far as I know just 6064, though I was told today thar the 3 ex London Optare Olympus bodied ADL Enviro400s will be staying as permanent members of the fleet
Being renumbered as 930/1/2.

Also due to transfer in February are 3 vehicles from Go North West.

Also there’s a link to the timetable changes effective from the end of January - good to see the 56/7 and 66 get the service increases back. Wonder if the 54 or 63 will ever get back to the levels of pre-covid.

Last edited:

HullRailMan

Being renumbered as 930/1/2.

Also due to transfer in February are 3 vehicles from Go North West.

Also there’s a link to the timetable changes effective from the end of January - good to see the 56/7 and 66 get the service increases back. Wonder if the 54 or 63 will ever get back to the levels of pre-covid.

Didn’t the 66 run every 10 mins pre-covid? Still plenty of areas with a much reduced service, the 63 corridor as you say plus the university routes. Wonder if they will ever return.
It’s a shame the 45 Pocklington - Driffield/Bridlington hasn’t properly returned with the new funding. I’d rather money was used to restore lost routes rather than evening/Sunday services on existing routes.

Hullian111

Didn’t the 66 run every 10 mins pre-covid? Still plenty of areas with a much reduced service, the 63 corridor as you say plus the university routes. Wonder if they will ever return.
Could do with having the 103 back, or at least bumping up the frequency of the 105. I’ve been disappointed by how late or infrequent the 105 is from Uni, especially when actually waiting to get on one last month, the tracker stated it was over at Castle Hill Hospital. Glad the rain had largely cleared up by that point. Also could do better to not run short single-deckers on the 105 after 3PM!

Eyersey468

Established Member
It’s a shame the 45 Pocklington - Driffield/Bridlington hasn’t properly returned with the new funding. I’d rather money was used to restore lost routes rather than evening/Sunday services on existing routes.
What would happen when the BSIP funding runs out though? As nice a run as the 45 was between Pocklington and Bridlington it wasn't used enough to be run without subsidy

Fox192

We have 4 Enviro 200s from Go North West, so any more due, maybe when Queens Road closes, or is there no idea what’s happening yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eyersey468

Established Member
We have 4 Enviro 200s from Go North West, so any more due, maybe when Queens Road closes, or is there no idea what’s happening yet?
I'm not aware of any more E200s coming though there are a couple of double deckers coming in March. I hadn't heard anything about the 3 vehicles coming next month.

RM-Taylor

I'm not aware of any more E200s coming though there are a couple of double deckers coming in March. I hadn't heard anything about the 3 vehicles coming next month.
I think the ones I mentioned for Feb and you mentioned for March are the same vehicles, I was told they’d be end of Feb time for arrival so I think it’s likely they are the same ones being cascaded over.

Fox192

Any idea which ones might be coming next month and March, or do you just know that some are coming?

Eyersey468

Established Member
Any idea which ones might be coming next month and March, or do you just know that some are coming?
I was told there are a couple of Volvo B9TLs coming in March but I don't know exactly which ones

Fox192

I thought they may have got newer ones than the 58 plates.

Also now the ex London buses are permanent, will they be getting painted in East Yorkshire livery or will they be staying red?

Last edited:

Eyersey468

Established Member
I thought they may have got newer ones than the 58 plates.

Also now the ex London buses are permanent, will they be getting painted in East Yorkshire livery or will they be staying red?
I'm not sure if they will be getting repainted

Hullian111

Any word back on a consultation on the closure of Withernsea depot? Its been nearly a year since that fatal fire that took out the offices, but I can't say I've heard much else since then.

Eyersey468

Established Member
Any word back on a consultation on the closure of Withernsea depot? Its been nearly a year since that fatal fire that took out the offices, but I can't say I've heard much else since then.
Last I heard it was to become a compound with all maintenance done at Hull

Eyersey468

Established Member
Wohhh.... That's different. Coaster livery seems to have become Coaster livery 2.0. What's happening?
There is a new Coaster livery being introduced. I'm surprised they don't seem to be updating the Coaster fleet though as the existing vehicles are 9-10 years old now though

Harvey10

WYIS are reporting that in April East Yorkshire (Pocklington depot) are to take on the 22/23 York-Ripon-Knaresborough, 181 (Castleline) York-Castle Howard-Malton and 194 Malton-Hoveringham from Transdev