• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EC not selling Advances for other TOCs on shared routes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
No idea if this is a glitch or deliberate, but the East Coast website is failing to sell Advance tickets for other TOCs on routes which it also serves. For example, travelling Kings Cross to Doncaster for this Saturday (9th Aug), there are cheaper advances available on the 1548 Grand Central than on other EC services around the same time, but the EC website fails to show any availability for it. Even stranger, other WebTIS sites offer Advances for the 1548 straight away (see screenshot from them TPE website). Any idea if this is deliberate ploy? It's very irritating for those of us who collect Rewards Points.

Note that it will sell advances for other TOCs on routes which it doesn't serve, to add further intrigue!

Attachments

• tpe-website.jpg
    tpe-website.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 47
  • EC website.jpg
    EC website.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 44
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Shows on mine.

Maybe it was an error. Perhaps they were doing backstage maintenance. I note that your screenshot does not include EC online discounts for their own services either.

Attachments

• ECGCAP.jpg
    ECGCAP.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 25

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Maybe someone had the last ticket in their basket, and then it expired and was available again

hangus78

Did you go any further through the purchase process on the TPE site? It could actually be the case that it was you holding a lock on the last ticket available on the TPE site, meaning you couldn't see it on EC :)

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
It's something I've noticed before with London Kings Cross to Bradford Stations, with the GC train greyed out when looking at advance fares. Strangely it's not greyed out to Halifax, so I can only assume it's a quota issue.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Any idea if this is deliberate ploy? It's very irritating for those of us who collect Rewards Points.!
I think it was an error. They show now. As bb21 says, the EC tickets were not being discounted with the tiny online discount (used to be 10% off, now you're lucky to get 2%!).

Status
Not open for further replies.