• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ECML Diversions 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

E100

I couldn't find an existing thread on this.

There are diversions due 24th / 25th September and following weekends down the Tyne Valley.

I can see LNER are willing to sell a anytime ticket. I presume this means the trains can be used between NCL and CAR and vice versa where shown in the booking engine.

1663756817126.png
1663757057574.png
Anyone able to give me some more confidence?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Have you looked at the diagrams they post on what do they know?

EDIT: Actually ignore that I'll just go ask my mate

Saturday 22 October

Engineering work will be taking place between Newcastle and Morpeth. We'll be running an hourly service to and from Scotland. Trains will travel on a diversionary route between Newcastle and Edinburgh (via Carlisle) and journey times extended by approximately 90 minutes. Other services between the North and London will start from and terminate at Newcastle and some services will be cancelled. Most Lincoln and Hull services will be cancelled and Harrogate services will start from and terminate at Leeds. A rail replacement coach service will operate each way between Newcastle, Morpeth, Alnmouth, Berwick, Dunbar and Edinburgh

Saturday 29 October

There is currently no disruptive engineering work planned for this date.

Sunday 30 October

There is currently no disruptive engineering work planned for this date.

Established Member
Yes LNER are calling to pick up and set down customers at Carlisle and have also been selling advance tickets to Carlisle on the divert weekends.

Austriantrain

Established Member
I suppose the cancellations of Hull and Lincoln services and Harrogate extensions mentioned in the press release are because the bi-modes are needed for the Tyne valley?

Can confirm, I'm doing an East Coast - Glasgow itenary with a 10 min change from LNER to Avanti at Carlisle. Surprisingly only about a half hour longer than my usual East Coast - Edinburgh - Glasgow route

Status
Not open for further replies.