• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ECML major disruption (03/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ricoblade

Hopefully, I'm on the 07:57 Retford to Edinburgh tomorrow morning and will be returning late afternoon sometime.

The 07:57 was cancelled but the 08:23 made an extra stop at Retford. I had a 1st class ticket but there were no seats until one came free at Donny. Then I had to give that up to a family with reservations who got on to Darlington and I stood to Newcastle. Got a decent seat from Newcastle.

Coming back, the 15:30 was cancelled but I got a reservation on the not too badly loaded 16:00. Arrived at Donny at 18:55 when all facilities were shut so had a nice hour sat on Donny station waiting for the Hull Trains to get me back to Retford.

Basher

You could have changed at Derby and joined the 1845 XC Edinburgh service, you'd have been back at Darlington at 2100.
Should have gone to Tamworth then xc to Darlington, that's my contingency plan for next time.

ChrisC

Established Member
Should have gone to Tamworth then xc to Darlington, that's my contingency plan for next time.
Check the timetable first as lots of XC trains to Darlington don’t call at Tamworth. All XC trains call at Derby and more chance of getting a seat than at Sheffield on days of disruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.