• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Elephant and Castle Underground Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good afternoon, is Elephant and Castle Underground Station, open at the moment? I am hoping to travel from Waterloo Bakerloo Line Via Elephant to Old Street Northern Line on Sat 01 & 08 October, butthe travel planners seem to show conflicting information? Thanks Steve.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SargeNpton

Established Member
Nothing on the TfL website to suggest that Elephant & Castle Underground station will not be open on those dates; regardless of what is happening to the services at the National Rail station of the same name.

AlbertBeale

Established Member
To do that journey I might be tempted to get the Waterloo & City Line from Waterloo, rather than heading south on the Bakerloo, and then change at Bank for the two stops on to Old Street. The interchange might be slower, but the overall journey might still be quicker.

Dstock7080

Established Member
To do that journey I might be tempted to get the Waterloo & City Line from Waterloo, rather than heading south on the Bakerloo, and then change at Bank for the two stops on to Old Street. The interchange might be slower, but the overall journey might still be quicker.
Waterloo & City is not open at weekends, when the OP wanted to travel

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Yes, going via Elephant does not take that long infact. Normally about 20-25 Minutes approx. It's probably swings and roundabouts really.

Status
Not open for further replies.