• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR refusing to refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewClee153

So on the 28th April, this is the journey I intended to take

OperatorTime of JourneyDeparting stationArriving stationTicket typeTicket Vendor
CrossCountry (XC)0622Birmingham New Street (BHM)Melton Mowbray (MMO)Anytime day singleTrainline
East Midlands Railway (EM)0815Melton Mowbray (MMO)Kettering (KET)Anytime day singleTrainline
East Midlands Railway (EM)0911Kettering (KET)London St PancrasAdvanced singleEast Midlands Railway

*The underlined row was the train that was cancelled, due to a broken down freight train at Nuneaton

Basically, East Midlands Railway are refusing to refund me for the advanced single as the train ran on time, despite the original connecting train being cancelled. I did - prior to requesting a refund - try to fill out a delay repay form for both tickets (MMO-KET/KET-STP), whilst ticking missed connection, but without the ability to leave additional comments on the form and with neither train cancelled, these delay repay claims were closed

How do I go about getting a refund for that ticket? I was unable to make the train, and even if I could have got to Melton Mowbray, my next connecting train wasn’t till 2:35pm in the afternoon

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
You should send a delay repay claim to the operator that caused the delay, CrossCountry, if you made the journey and based on your delay arriving in London. Otherwise, please tell us more about what you ended up doing.

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
I suppose the question is - was the journey completely abandoned or did you get to St Pancras via a different route?

jfollows

Established Member
I suppose the question is - was the journey completely abandoned or did you get to St Pancras via a different route?
Good point.
If the journey was abandoned, claim a full refund from the ticket seller.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
if you haven't already, email them at [email protected] with full details of the journey you intended to make, including proof of booking the other tickets, and what you ended up doing in the end. Advance tickets can be refunded if the journey is abandoned due to disruption. If you made the journey but were delayed you need delay repay.

JBuchananGB

It does need spelling out clearly.
If you decided while still at Birmingham that the trip was impossible, and just didn't go anywhere, you should claim a full refund for each ticket, without any administrative charge, from the people you bought the ticket from.
Thus you would make two claims to Trainline, and one to EMR. In each case you would have to explain the intended journey, which tickets held, reason for abandonment.
If you actually made a journey then you follow the delay repay process, applying to Cross Country in respect of all tickets, taking into account the eventual time of arrival.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Thus you would make two claims to Trainline, and one to EMR. In each case you would have to explain the intended journey, which tickets held, reason for abandonment.
Worth adding that this case would appear to show the benefits of buying all of the tickets from the same retailer.

island

Veteran Member
Are you claiming a refund because you abandoned your journey? That's different to claiming DelayRepay because you made a journey and were late, and follows a distinct process.

Status
Not open for further replies.