• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR seat reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
I’ve just booked two advance tickets on Ticketysplit for an over night trip from London SP to Nottingham next month.

I didn’t notice an option to choose a seat and when I rang EMR and went through the options the recording said there were no services on this line (why after six months this cannot be reflected on the website I’m not sure).

Does anyone know what is to do please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
You’ll need to tell us the date of travel before we can give you a full answer.

Haywain

Veteran Member
In which case the issue is not that there are no trains, but that East Midlands Railway are not currently offering seat reservations on their services. So, your Advance ticketsa will be issued on a 'counted place' basis which means you must use the booked train but can sit anywhere in the relevant class accommodation.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
By service I meant service on the phone "there is no service available on this line" is the telephone message.

route101

Established Member
Im booked on an EMR this weekend , advance with no seat asigned. Cant imagine it would be busy at 0633 north from London.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
I'm not expecting it to be busy on lunchtime trains to and from Nottingham however I would prefer to choose my seat up front. That said I don't know the seating plan on these trains so my preferred forward facing on the +1 of a 2+1 layout might not even be present!

WesternLancer

Established Member
I'm not expecting it to be busy on lunchtime trains to and from Nottingham however I would prefer to choose my seat up front. That said I don't know the seating plan on these trains so my preferred forward facing on the +1 of a 2+1 layout might not even be present!
Seating plans on EMR website I think for the trains they use (but I can't find it at the mo....), and pdf timetable on their site tell you what sort of train (assuming the correct allocations are possible in current circs). You'll either have an HST or a Meridian train.

As St P is the starting point (and Nottm a starting point for southbound) get there a bit early - at St P the barrier line is only opened at point train is ready, step forward promptly and walk briskly to train and you will almost certainly get the seat of your choice.
At Nottm the trains are parked up and the doors open usually a fair bit before departure so worth being there in good time to choose your seat.

Use real time trains to know what platform to be ready to go to at St P before it is listed on the departure boards. If there is another slightly earlier departure (eg a sheffield), esp if it is on adjacent platform, go through barrier and wait on platform till your train is confirmed and board, that way you can be ahead of the crowd.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
Top tips thank you

Well my plans have been screwed within 24 hours. The game has been moved back by 24 hours due to TV. I now want to change the return leg advance ticket to the following day. However the Tickety Split site is asking for the Booking number which would be both legs; I only want to change the return leg.

It said you needed a replacement journey booked first so I went and purchased a different return leg. Now I am in the refund system there is no option to cancel one leg so I am in a right mess now. I needed to re purchase the outward leg at the same time it would seem even though I am happy with the outward leg.?

HELP

Last edited:

js517

Top tips thank you

Well my plans have been screwed within 24 hours. The game has been moved back by 24 hours due to TV. I now want to change the return leg advance ticket to the following day. However the Tickety Split site is asking for the Booking number which would be both legs; I only want to change the return leg.

It said you needed a replacement journey booked first so I went and purchased a different return leg. Now I am in the refund system there is no option to cancel one leg so I am in a right mess now. I needed to re purchase the outward leg at the same time it would seem even though I am happy with the outward leg.?

HELP

There should be an email address you can contact to get this sorted in the booking confirmation email(s) you received.

Status
Not open for further replies.