• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

emt depot drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
my mate went for the 1st round of assessments at derby, he got a letter saying well done you passed the 1st round ie group bourdon glopp etc but has not heard another thing? has anyone else heard anything?
I know only to well how slow a HR process can be but I think they also re-advertised for depot drivers since the 1st advert ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dynamonic

Hello there crazysignaller,

I also recently passed Stage 1 in the Depot Driver assessments with EMT, and am awaiting a date for Stage 2.

Tell your mate not to worry. The positions were re-advertised before the results were issued to us. I remember worrying about the same thing when I saw the jobs go back up on the site before I got my results, however, it actually seems that this could be because they don't expect to fill all the vacancies with just the applicants that are in the running already.

I remember hearing back at Stage 1 from some people that they have huge gaps in their roster, due to another TOC stealing EMT's depot drivers, lol.

Another reason he shouldn't worry, is that according to the initial letter he would have received highlighting the whole recruitment process, EMT don't intend on holding Stage 2 until mid-January. I'm expecting that our Stage 2 dates will surface in the New Year. (Possibly, after some of the new applicants have sat their Stage 1)

Last edited:
i told him not to worry thanks for the heads up ill pass it on to him :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
he has had an email telling him about part 2 ;)

Pilgrim

Hi. Didn't want to make a new post as it's along the same lines.

Has anyone heard back from EMT regarding the depot driver applications closing on the 13th?

jaybarts

I got a reply from EMT saying they didn't receive my application in time. I'm sure on the job description it said if you haven't heard anything by Friday 20th you were unsuccessful?

Pilgrim

I got a reply from EMT saying they didn't receive my application in time. I'm sure on the job description it said if you haven't heard anything by Friday 20th you were unsuccessful?

It did do but I am hoping that as it is so close to Christmas that they haven't got through them yet.

Last edited:

Dynamonic

To those of you waiting for application results, I submitted my form at the end of September, and got an assessment invite at the start of November, over a month later, so from experience, the two-week rule seems to be a guideline.

I was convinced I had failed and practically had forgot about it by the time I was invited to assessment. It made for a much nicer shock of a surprise though! :D

As has been mentioned, the rule may be slightly relaxed this close to Christmas and into the New Year, so you never know.

I would say the best thing to do (and it's difficult) is to try and forget about it, live life, and try and get as much experience as possible, just in case you have to try again.

You may never get told if you are unsuccessful, (although I was when I applied earlier this year for the same role) so try to avoid getting too wound up about it.

I'd like to wish you all the best with the wait, and hope you will all get great news very soon.

Last edited:

peamix

To those of you waiting for application results, I submitted my form at the end of September, and got an assessment invite at the start of November, over a month later, so from experience, the two-week rule seems to be a guideline.

I was convinced I had failed and practically had forgot about it by the time I was invited to assessment. It made for a much nicer shock of a surprise though! :D

As has been mentioned, the rule may be slightly relaxed this close to Christmas and into the New Year, so you never know.

I would say the best thing to do (and it's difficult) is to try and forget about it, live life, and try and get as much experience as possible, just in case you have to try again.

You may never get told if you are unsuccessful, (although I was when I applied earlier this year for the same role) so try to avoid getting too wound up about it.

I'd like to wish you all the best with the wait, and hope you will all get great news very soon.

Nice one Dynamonic, that's given me some hope! :)

Dynamonic

I've had the practice material and formal invite to Stage 2 in the post this morning.

It's on 7th January for me at the Jury's Inn, Derby. :D Getting excited!

mick dundee

I've had the practice material and formal invite to Stage 2 in the post this morning.

It's on 7th January for me at the Jury's Inn, Derby. :D Getting excited!

hi Dynamonic,
i just got my paper back last friday saying that i too passed my first stage.

i have got my date for the 16th of jan.
would love to know what they have install for me..(in detail)haha.
good luck mate on the 7th..(my birthday)

mick

Dynamonic

hi Dynamonic,
i just got my paper back last friday saying that i too passed my first stage.

i have got my date for the 16th of jan.
would love to know what they have install for me..(in detail)haha.
good luck mate on the 7th..(my birthday)

mick

From what I've heard...A good ol' thrasing is on the cards for the Multi-Modal Interview. We'll soon find out first-hand. lol :)

WillPS

Established Member
I submitted an application on Thu Dec 12th, letter in the post the following Tuesday saying I wasn't being considered. Thought it was a pretty quick no, but fair do's for sending a letter.

Dynamonic

I submitted an application on Thu Dec 12th, letter in the post the following Tuesday saying I wasn't being considered. Thought it was a pretty quick no, but fair do's for sending a letter.

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that WillPS.

However, I too was in the same boat as you earlier in the year when I applied for the first time.

I never got through the initial sift, so I improved my application over the six months you have to wait to reapply, then tried again. Before I knew it, I got an assessment invite! :D

Just look at ways to improve the form, by getting the experience they look for, and then try again! You're bound to get there eventually! :D

The Depot Driver jobs have come up with EMT quite often this year, so you'll get another crack at it very soon!

All the best for your next application! :D

Last edited:

Dynamonic

Did my Stage 2 today! :D Passed the computerised tests and am just waiting for the Multi-Modal Interview result now! (It's tough)

Disappointed that there was not one, but two no-shows from candidates today. (Reducing my group from 6 to 4 from the start)

It's no wonder some companies like DB Schenker are considering passing assessment costs onto candidates.

Last edited:

MuttleyBOT

:lol:
Did my Stage 2 today! :D Passed the computerised tests and am just waiting for the Multi-Modal Interview result now! (It's tough)

Disappointed that there was not one, but two no-shows from candidates today. (Reducing my group from 6 to 4 from the start)

It's no wonder some companies like DB Schenker are considering passing assessment costs onto candidates.

Well done mate :lol: - fingers crossed for you - did they give you any indication of when you'll hear or do you think it will be after this round is ended?

Dynamonic

:lol:

Well done mate :lol: - fingers crossed for you - did they give you any indication of when you'll hear or do you think it will be after this round is ended?

They said it was up to EMT to decide when we find out.
The interviewer stated that the result would be available to EMT within 2 days, and I could hear then. Or, I may have to wait until everyone else has sat their Stage 2 after 2 weeks. I was told not to ring up to chase the result until after 2 weeks has expired.

It was also said during the day that there were 3 Stage 2 assessment dates booked in, including mine. Which means a max of 18 candidates. (2 no-shows on mine, bringing the total down to 16)

Looks like we did well to get through Stage 1 to start with! :D

Last edited:

mick dundee

Well done mate for passing first of stage 2.hope you pass the other one.
Well my turn next week that has made me feel better about how many people had only got through.only really worried about the interview!...gulp.what do they grill you on?.

Dynamonic

Well done mate for passing first of stage 2.hope you pass the other one.
Well my turn next week that has made me feel better about how many people had only got through.only really worried about the interview!...gulp.what do they grill you on?.

They ask you six questions based on past experiences along with some hypothetical questions. Think of strong safety related examples involving YOU following procedures, YOU dealing with emergencies etc. Do have some backup examples in mind, as if your first choice isn't strong, you will be asked to give another example (This happened to everyone at my assessment, including myself).

The interview is hard, the detail is precise (including times, people involved etc). Trust me, you won't be able to make details up! No one left the interview feeling confident as they give nothing away. No emotion at all from them. (although they are lovely and friendly OUTSIDE the test and interview environment.)

I'd like to wish you all the best with your Stage 2! :D

Last edited:

peamix

I've just found a nice surprise on the doormat, an invite to the first stage of the assessment process! :D

BelperKez

I have been checking post enthusiastically every day and finally the invite has arrived. Better make sure I am ready for it and hope that I have emailed them quick enough to fit me into the slots.

Thanks to this forum for alerting me to the vacancy in the first place :)

peamix

I have been checking post enthusiastically every day and finally the invite has arrived. Better make sure I am ready for it and hope that I have emailed them quick enough to fit me into the slots.

Thanks to this forum for alerting me to the vacancy in the first place :)

Nice one! I'm down for the early slot on Friday. Good luck!

BelperKez

Yes I just got confirmation of Friday morning.
Seems like a good way to start that Friday feeling.
Best of luck to you too. :D

Dynamonic

See? What did I tell you? No reason to worry, lol :D
Congratulations to all of you who had Stage 1 assessment invites!
I'd like to wish you all the best with them!
Just go in there...and WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.