• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

End of the station's word!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

the_wanderer

No. It has a notice for closure that is now ratified and whilst no trains have called there for some years (and passengers are physically unable to access the station) a replacement bus service is scheduled to run until March 2019, and the formal closure process does not conclude until 10th December 2017. :D

A Challenge

Established Member
Thanks for that, i notice that in the past when the Norton Bridge query has been raised, Post #2845 contains reference to a quote from the rules that implies closed stations are allowed, but I find no reference to this in the rules. Could this situation be clarified?

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Extract from opening post

Rules
  • It is advisable that only the currently-known station name of any OPEN station should be used in postings on this quiz
Thanks for that, i notice that in the past when the Norton Bridge query has been raised, Post #2845 contains reference to a quote from the rules that implies closed stations are allowed, but I find no reference to this in the rules. Could this situation be clarified?

My understanding is that is it is implied that only open stations are allowed. The post you have quoted dates back five years, so can't be reliably used to represent the current rules — the edit history has disappeared at some point so I can't check what the original rules were.

A Challenge

Established Member
My understanding is that is it is implied that only open stations are allowed. The post you have quoted dates back five years, so can't be reliably used to represent the current rules — the edit history has disappeared at some point so I can't check what the original rules were.
I believe that was removed in the XenForo upgrade which we now can't see edits (even our own).