• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Enfield Lock to Alexandra Palace using Oyster PAYG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Van

Apologies if this is a silly question

I will be travelling from Enfield Lock ([stn]ENL[/stn]) to Alexander Palace ([stn]AAP[/stn]) via Tottenham Hale ([stn]TOM[/stn]) and Finsbury Park ([stn]FPK[/stn])

I will touch in at [stn]ENL[/stn] but do I need to touch out at [stn]TOM[/stn] or is touching in at the Tube gateline sufficient? Same when I get to [stn]FPK[/stn], do I need to touch in again for the National Rail journey to [stn]AAP[/stn] or can I just touch out at [stn]AAP[/stn]?

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
On phone so got to be brief. Check the OSI page on my site. If tott hale is listed then you need to touch out and in again, but the journey will be charged as one. At fp you should touch out and in again as the nr platforms are gated.

island

Veteran Member
Touch in at the start and finish. If you have to go through any gatelines at your changing points, touch out and then in again at that station.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
As seen as Mikes sig seems to have gone AWOL (for me at least) his site is at; http://www.oyster-rail.org.uk/
Thanks for that. I think it's because I was on my (very basic) mobile. [Edit: Yes it is as this post has a sig.]

Touch in at the start and finish. If you have to go through any gatelines at your changing points, touch out and then in again at that station.
One of the problems with this is that if you exit past standalone validators or the gates are open but the next entry requires touch to open gates then you might get an incomplete journey. I know this isn't the case at Finsbury Park, before anyone points it out, but it can be an issue elsewhere.

Having now got home I see that there is an OSI at Tottenham Hale, so you ideally should touch out and in again at both interchanges.

barrykas

Established Member
Are barriers now live on plat 3 (down fast)?

Nope. No barriers on the 3/4 island yet...which means that if you get a train from Kings Cross (Suburban), say, and need to change from Platform 3 to Platform 5 or 6 for a connection, you have two consecutive entries but no exit.

Cheers,

Barry

34D

Established Member
Nope. No barriers on the 3/4 island yet...which means that if you get a train from Kings Cross (Suburban), say, and need to change from Platform 3 to Platform 5 or 6 for a connection, you have two consecutive entries but no exit.

Cheers,

Barry

As I thought. In that case, can I politely suggest that Mike's advice re touching out and back in at FPK was incorrect (and against the advice on the FCC poster for platform 3 users). Poster seen online http://www.flickr.com/photos/22064102@N07/5944527990/

However, there are very few trains from p3 to a station in the present oyster area (may change as and when potters bar joins the oyster world). There are however many trains from KGX to FPK p3 whence people could continue their journeys northwards by tube.....

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
As I thought. In that case, can I politely suggest that Mike's advice re touching out and back in at FPK was incorrect (and against the advice on the FCC poster for platform 3 users). Poster seen online http://www.flickr.com/photos/22064102@N07/5944527990/

However, there are very few trains from p3 to a station in the present oyster area (may change as and when potters bar joins the oyster world). There are however many trains from KGX to FPK p3 whence people could continue their journeys northwards by tube.....

How was my advice incorrect? It was exactly as stated in the poster in question. Platform 3 is an anomaly but I felt it was an over complication in relation to a journey to Alexandra Palace. Also, the poster doesn't deal with how to interchange between platform 3 and the tube, or platform 3 and platforms 1/2/5/6.

Status
Not open for further replies.