• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Engineering Works - Edinburgh to Glasgow 3/6/2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farang

I've had conflicting information about engineering works between Edinburgh and Glasgow on Sunday 3rd June.

A booking clerk at Waterloo told me there was a bus replacement service which would take 3 hours, but Scotrail and CrossCountry websites show normal services on that day

National Rail Enquiries say there will be planned engineering works on the previous day - Saturday.

Any idea who is correct?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
From NRE looks like EDB-Glasgow Central (ie via Shotts) is shut but the Queen St route is fine. Waterloo may have looked at direct services to Central(at least, that's how I found the 3hr bus).

InOban

Established Member
If you look at the Scotrail site you will find that the Lanarkshire end is closed every Sunday from 27th may until 1st July. The whole Shotts route is closed on the 2nd and 9th June. Major resignalling and track improvements.

Farang

Great! Queen St. is the one I want anyway - we're taking the West Highland Line. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.