• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

England's new three-tier lockdown system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Education is a big spread, but that's where you've got to make the judgement call - severely disrupt the education of children or extend the life of some coffin dodgers

And parents have jobs to be getting on with. Working from home whilst simultaneously childcaring or homeschooling is not remotely practical, sustainable or healthy.

The younger son's (2) speech/language development is noticebly slower than his older brother's was due to ongoing lack of baby groups etc.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Having a lockdown without actually addressing the cause of infections would be even more of a mistake than having a full lockdown.

bramling

Veteran Member
And parents have jobs to be getting on with. Working from home whilst simultaneously childcaring or homeschooling is not remotely practical, sustainable or healthy.

The younger son's (2) speech/language development is noticebly slower than his older brother's was due to ongoing lack of baby groups etc.

I absolutely agree that education shouldn’t be disrupted, and closing the schools will mess up everything else - which we really don’t need to happen again.

kristiang85

Established Member
How long has the tier system been in place now? I don't think there's been near enough time to measure its effectiveness. I think in principle it is a good system (not the faffing about within each tier though), and if its ditched already then it has been a complete waste of time for no reason.

317 forever

Established Member
Suppose we do come out of this new lockdown on December 2nd, I wonder how it will be decided which tier each district will be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.