• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Euro Bus Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECML180

So I'm off to the industry's leading trade show this Thursday - tickets are free but it is definable a trade show rather than something for enthusiasts!

http://eurobusexpo.co.uk/
The leading trade fair for the bus and coach sector opens at the NEC Birmingham on the 4th November. The fully sold out show will feature over 280 exhibitors with not one but two highly informative seminar programmes running in parallel over each of the three days of the show. Many thousands of visitors have already registered – if you haven’t already pre-registered, then what are you waiting for?
Anyone else attending?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
I'd like to but can't will be interesting as the new Enviro 200 is being uncovered there!

I'm not either, but since seeing the Enviro 400 MMC close up - and how much I hate those bog standard run of the mill Enviro 200s I am rather looking forward to seeing what it's replacement form will look like. From the sneak picture published by Alexander Dennis I reckon it'll be taking on Volvo for styling clues.

bussnapperwm

Established Member
I'm on my way there now actually, on business of course!

Just got delayed due to sorting a few hosting orders for bus photo galleries

northwichcat

Veteran Member
I'd like to but can't will be interesting as the new Enviro 200 is being uncovered there!

Is the new Enviro 200 the type that GHA Coaches introduced on their 88 route last week? The reason I'm asking is because of the 4 buses for that route has been sent to the Expo (with a Versa covering for it.)

fgwrich

Established Member
Is the new Enviro 200 the type that GHA Coaches introduced on their 88 route last week? The reason I'm asking is because of the 4 buses for that route has been sent to the Expo (with a Versa covering for it.)

Not that I'm aware of, the GHA Enviro 200s appear to be of the current 'refreshed' model than the new one which will share the Enviro 400 MMC styling.

Still little to be seen of it, but there appears to be a new vehicle from Nu-Track (a branch of Wrights) which appears to be a blocky version of a Streetlight.

https://www.facebook.com/EuroBusExp...be758f598&size=2048,1529&fbid=943345229012436

Last edited:

starrymarkb

Established Member
I think that's the Narrow Bodied Streetlite to take on the SlimSolo - It was mentioned in the Wright Euro 6 brochure - IIRC they've called it the StreetVibe.

Also there will be no Euro 6 Eclipse or Solar single decks. Streetlite max is the replacement but now with a Mercedes engine.

DD12

So I'm off to the industry's leading trade show this Thursday - tickets are free but it is definable a trade show rather than something for enthusiasts!

http://eurobusexpo.co.uk/

Anyone else attending?

I'd like-to !
It's a shame to exclude enthusiasts who cannot get tickets.
It should be remembered that people like me who have remained interested in the industry and vehicles for nearly 50 years, have also had to "put-up-with" all the failings/down-side/negatives and disappointments of buses and bus- travel during that time.
It must be about 20 years(+) since I attended this, or similar events at the NEC !

fgwrich

Established Member
Hmm.

https://www.facebook.com/tnwbb/photos/pcb.723099927767529/723099861100869/?type=1&theater

Not sure about the wider windscreen or the attempt at the borismaster styled black band under the windscreen.

And Yuck.

For Belfast Translink.
https://www.facebook.com/tnwbb/phot...5317/723202587757263/?type=1&relevant_count=1

And for Arriva - Note the glazed staircase has remained.

https://www.facebook.com/tnwbb/phot...0588765685317/723077611103094/?type=1&theater

I'm not sure who or what has changed in Wrightbus's styling department, but I'm not yet convinced by the newer edgier styling. Thanks starrymarkb too - I wasn't aware they were producing a smaller streetlight to take on Optare too, just a shame about the blockier styling efforts on the otherwise previously rather happy looking vehicle.

Overall from the pictures I've seen of today online, I can't say I'm impressed with the recent style changes from Wrights, Alex Dennis or the always odd Optare.

Last edited:

ECML180

I don't think there's anything in particular to exclude them? More a case that you have to be interested in the whole industry, rather than just liking photographing particular types of vehicle to make it worthwhile attending!

As for the new Enviro 200s, another few photos throughout the facebook page, for example:
https://www.facebook.com/EuroBusExp...7537014212/943265122353780/?type=1&permPage=1

As for those commenting on Wrights latest products...agreed...hideous!

bussnapperwm

Established Member
I attended to cover the show for busphotography.co.uk. It was quite interesting to see some of the more unusual manufacturing companies exibiting alongside the likes of ADL and Wrightbus,

starrymarkb

Established Member
I'd like-to !
It should be remembered that people like me who have remained interested in the industry and vehicles for nearly 50 years, have also had to "put-up-with" all the failings/down-side/negatives and disappointments of buses and bus- travel during that time.
It must be about 20 years(+) since I attended this, or similar events at the NEC !

I think the key phrase is Trade Show. I mean the public are not going to go out and buy a new bus are they.

Y961 XBU

Am also going this Thursday, never been before so am looking forward to going and Writing a Blog Post about the event :)

alexf380

Established Member
Don't find the E400MMC or E200MMC remotely attractive, the Wright Eclipse 3 bodywork is marginally better but the blockier version seen at the expo is a step backwards. Haven't seen Optare's latest invention so I can't comment.

But that's just my humble unimportant opinion.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
The Wright Eclipse 3 has been running in London for a little while and it is even more hideous in real life than it looks in those pictures. Comfort on board is ok but it's very claustrophobic, the windows are even smaller than on a Borismaster.

As for that new E200, it looks like a poor man's Plaxton Centro.

starrymarkb

Established Member
The New E200 reminds me of a Solaris

solaris-urbino-8819.jpg

radamfi

Established Member
Are there any pics of buses other than British/Irish vehicles, given it is called *Euro* Bus Expo?

ECML180

There's definitely some in attendance, looking through the timeline on Facebook there are a couple of Volvos and Irizars with doors on the wrong side.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Well I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, what impressed me in particular was the Mercedes Sprinter City, always liked the look of it and it impressed me even more in the flesh. However the Mobipeople Explorer 2 with 70 seats impressed me too, very nice for a 70 seater and still what it needs to be: a pretty functional vehicle.

starrymarkb

Established Member
Are there any pics of buses other than British/Irish vehicles, given it is called *Euro* Bus Expo?

Mostly Coaches as many of the European complete buses (MAN, Scania, Solaris, Irisbus etc) are LHD only. Scania are now importing Irizar i3s on a Scania Chassis to replace the Omni Range in the UK.

I suspect it's more an exhibition for European manufacturers to launch their products in the UK market.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.