• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

European youtube videos featuring 80’s rail action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

citycat

On youtube, there are many videos featuring camcorder footage of British Rail in the 80’s and 90’s.

Can anyone point me to videos featuring loco and classic stock in France, Germany and Italy?

I realise camcorders were a new and possibly expensive fad during those two decades, but there seems to be a lot of British videos from those times. Are there any European ones? Or maybe there weren’t as many enthusiasts on platform ends in Europe as there were in the UK.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
On youtube, there are many videos featuring camcorder footage of British Rail in the 80’s and 90’s.

Can anyone point me to videos featuring loco and classic stock in France, Germany and Italy?

I realise camcorders were a new and possibly expensive fad during those two decades, but there seems to be a lot of British videos from those times. Are there any European ones? Or maybe there weren’t as many enthusiasts on platform ends in Europe as there were in the UK.
I've seen some footage of Irish, French, Belgian, Swiss and ex-East German (and a few other) trains from the late-80s/early-90s.

Should be in my watch list; I can certainly dig out a few for you.

Any preferences?

citycat

I've seen some footage of Irish, French, Belgian, Swiss and ex-East German (and a few other) trains from the late-80s/early-90s.

Should be in my watch list; I can certainly dig out a few for you.

Any preferences?
I just want to relive some of my travelling days on the SNCF and FS classic lines.

I just wish digital videos had been around back then.

citycat

Seeing the scenes in Berlin reminds of my childhood years spent travelling to Warsaw in the Cold War years to visit relatives.

We always travelled on the Nord West express from the Hoek of Holland, via Berlin and the Wall. Brings it all back.

Status
Not open for further replies.