• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar/Le Shuttle suspended 21•DMR•23 – wildcat strike

island

Veteran Member
2. Don't then Google eurostar as you'll find the investigation report from the snow incident a decade ago where they literally left passengers in car wagons and then evacuated the wrong train.
Eurostar does not and has never operated car wagons.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RT4038

Established Member
If I find myself in this situation, can I just turn up at Dover and get a walk up foot passsnger ticket?
Provided you (a) turn up at a time when one of the foot carrying departures are advertised, and (b) that there is accommodation available [Ships have rules regarding ratio of staff to passengers, plus lifesaving equipment to passengers, plus capacity of shuttle vehicles from terminal to ship and vice versa, any or all of which will impact on their ability to carry a walk up foot passenger]

Note that at Dover, only P&O convey foot passengers, and then only on certain designated sailings (I believe six per day each way - nothing in the evenings or at night)

johncrossley

Established Member
Depending on where you are going, the more foot passenger friendly ferry routes Newhaven-Dieppe and Harwich-Hoek van Holland may be worth considering.