• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar passport control update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterthegreat

Established Member
Just passed through St Pancras and it looks like they're doing a - relatively unadvertised - trial of allowing UK passport holders to use the French e-gates. They've got a set cordoned off from the rest with signage inviting UK (and select other non-EU) passport holders to use them, and a French officer in a booth behind them doing the stamping.
That was also in operation in July.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kevin_roche

Just passed through St Pancras and it looks like they're doing a - relatively unadvertised - trial of allowing UK passport holders to use the French e-gates. They've got a set cordoned off from the rest with signage inviting UK (and select other non-EU) passport holders to use them, and a French officer in a booth behind them doing the stamping.

So are they still stamping UK passports which have been checked by the gates? Unlike the Spanish who did not bother to stamp mine on my last two visits to Lanzarote.

route101

Established Member
So are they still stamping UK passports which have been checked by the gates? Unlike the Spanish who did not bother to stamp mine on my last two visits to Lanzarote.
I used a French E gate at Calais and was stamped out. Spain should really be stamping your passport.

Status
Not open for further replies.