• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar sets query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
I’ll be using Eurostar in early September (rearranging from an earlier booking) from London to Paris.

I note that the 15:31 departure is an e320 and the 16:31 is an e300 (both departures would be good for me, and they are both free to transfer my booking to)

I’ll be traveling in standard.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to:

Which set is more comfortable to travel on?

Which set has better legroom?

Which seats are the best in standard in both sets? (looking for a well-aligned window seat with good legroom and a good overall view of the carriage)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
I very much preferred the E300 in standard when I had an airline seat. The E320 felt rather tight.

Looking at my booking, I had coach 3, seat 84, which was nicely aligned with the window near the carriage end facing forwards out of London.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
I’ll be using Eurostar in early September (rearranging from an earlier booking) from London to Paris.

I note that the 15:31 departure is an e320 and the 16:31 is an e300 (both departures would be good for me, and they are both free to transfer my booking to)

I’ll be traveling in standard.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to:

Which set is more comfortable to travel on?

Which set has better legroom?

Which seats are the best in standard in both sets? (looking for a well-aligned window seat with good legroom and a good overall view of the carriage)

The original e300s ride infinitely better, if that's a deal breaker in anyway.

Seats-wise not a lot to choose since the e300s were refurbed. At least it doesn't feel that way. I think the pitch is possibly tighter on e320s.

I still think the e300s are a nicer train regardless.

tasky

Yes, even the refurbished e300s are better. The difference with the e320 interior is subtle but it does exist.

One example is that the e320 has television screens hanging from the roof mostly playing annoying adverts for Eurostar (a service you're already using...). This can be distracting and make it hard to nod off if that's your thing. The e300s are fortunately free of them.

XAM2175

Established Member
Oooh, how are you able to tell?

Happily they make available seat plans that show the window positions :E

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Oooh, how are you able to tell?
The position of each class. On an e300, standard class is at each end with first in the middle. On an e320 this is reversed.
Happily they make available seat plans that show the window positions :E
Are these exactly reliable? (And does the alignment show from where the headrest is, or where the center of the seat is?) The best seat is one where the headrest is just aligned with the end of the pillar between windows, allowing a full forward view!

XAM2175

Established Member
The position of each class. On an e300, standard class is at each end with first in the middle. On an e320 this is reversed.
Ah, so only once you have a booking?

Are these exactly reliable? (And does the alignment show from where the headrest is, or where the center of the seat is?) The best seat is one where the headrest is just aligned with the end of the pillar between windows, allowing a full forward view!
No idea, I'm afraid! If you zoom in close enough though it does purport to show the headrest and seat base separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.