• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EuroTunnel Announcement Jingle

Doomotron

I've always liked the announcement jingle in the EuroTunnel shuttle trains, but I haven't been able to find a clean recording. The best one is attached above. I'd record one myself but it's been at least five years since I've been in the tunnel because of the crazy prices. Does anyone know of a place to find a better recording?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

superalbs

Established Member
I've always liked the announcement jingle in the EuroTunnel shuttle trains, but I haven't been able to find a clean recording. The best one is attached above. I'd record one myself but it's been at least five years since I've been in the tunnel because of the crazy prices. Does anyone know of a place to find a better recording?
Sounds like a fairly standard chime. I'm sure you could find something very similar online?

Doomotron

Sounds like a fairly standard chime. I'm sure you could find something very similar online?
I've found similar ones, but they're all different in some way. I don't know if it's the sound itself or the speakers in the train, but they do have a distinctive sound that I can't replicate.

MCR247

Established Member
I've found similar ones, but they're all different in some way. I don't know if it's the sound itself or the speakers in the train, but they do have a distinctive sound that I can't replicate.
Listening to that section of the clip a few times on repeat, I think you may be onto something about it being the speakers on the train

MrPIC

Sounds very siliar to the noise on a Eurostar 373 right before a PA is made

Trackman

Established Member
Foremost it sounds like my door bell, secondly it sounds like the old ATV jingle! (For people of an age who can remember class 44/52's on the mainline).
But in all seriousness, I have heard this before on the rail network, somewhere.

stadler

That sounds like a very generic standard jingle. I am sure i have heard that same exact jingle in a supermarket or shop somewhere. So i do not think it is specific to Eurotunnel or anything created for them. It seems to just be a stock jingle that they have used.

Not the same but i do have the Eurostar jingle sound file if you want that. This is one of my favourite ones.

Attachments

• Diagnostic04.mp3
    18.8 KB