• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Euston 24-26th May...

exbrel

well these above date's for the FA Cup day, to avoid Euston at all costs, this will test the highly trained staff and their contingency plans...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

deltic

Established Member
well these above date's for the FA Cup day, to avoid Euston at all costs, this will test the highly trained staff and their contingency plans...
will it be any different than last year?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Is the worry that two teams from the same city are playing? If so, don't worry, most Manchester United fans travel from Surrey or Heathrow ;)

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Wonder if they’ll be one this year too?

Two strikes same month seems unlikely, two weeks from the other one.

Perhaps ASLEF will do a isolated strike on LNER, WMT though to make a point.

dk1

Veteran Member
Two strikes same month seems unlikely, two weeks from the other one.

Perhaps ASLEF will do a isolated strike on LNER, WMT though to make a point.

A lot of people will breath a sigh of relief on the 11th no doubt. I personally couldn’t call anything at the moment mate.

gazzaa2

At least they should have trains after the game. Liverpool were playing in it in 2022 and the one charter train back, left during the penalty shootout.

Nev20

I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Is the worry that two teams from the same city are playing? If so, don't worry, most Manchester United fans travel from Surrey or Heathrow ;)
Did you come up with that joke yourself? :rolleyes:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
simple fact - when Manchester Untied beat Liverpool recently in an FA cup thriller that went to extra time my train home from Manchester was full of plastic man u fans who had left the ground BEFORE 90 minutes to get back south,

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
simple fact - when Manchester Untied beat Liverpool recently in an FA cup thriller that went to extra time my train home from Manchester was full of plastic man u fans who had left the ground BEFORE 90 minutes to get back south,
Not everyone who's been to Old Trafford on a match day has necessarily been in to watch the game. Have seen any number of folk who've fairly obviously just been to the MUFC MegaTat store before boarding a tram quite soon after K.O. time (at Old Trafford Metrolink station) and headed for Piccadilly.

Must be a fair few who very possibly do London, Oxford, Stratford upon Avon, Manchester and then York in some manic, frenetic three day whistlestop tour.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Not everyone who's been to Old Trafford on a match day has necessarily been in to watch the game. Have seen any number of folk who've fairly obviously just been to the MUFC MegaTat store before boarding a tram quite soon after K.O. time (at Old Trafford Metrolink station) and headed for Piccadilly.
This lot HAD been to the match. Jokingly comparing at what point before 90 mins they left the ground.

Just to be clear: they left an fa cup game against there biggest rivals BEFORE the game had finished! Do they leave the pictures before the killer is unmasked?

Back on topic - I am sure btp, normal polis NR and the TOCs will have a plan in place for this event.

al78

Established Member
Manchester United are an international brand and have fans across the world. The global population is around 8 billion whereas the population of Manchester is a little over half a million or around four orders of magnitude smaller, so logically it is extremely likely the majority of ManU fans live abroad or in the south of England.

Established Member
Will they get the crew to volunteer? Surely be a shortage given it’s a bank holiday weekend and it could effect Manchester Picc Traincrew depot?

They’ll almost certainly be heavily reliant on voluntary overtime, yes. It’ll be a darn sight easier to crew the trains now than it was when there was no rest day agreement at all!

That doesn’t absolutely guarantee there will be enough, of course, for the reasons outlined above.

BeijingDave

It's true of United, it's true of Liverpool too.

There were loads of Liverpool supporters returning after games to the West Midlands when I lived there (for uni), especially getting off at Stafford or Wolverhampton.

317 forever

Established Member
I wonder whether they might be engineering work then, meaning fewer services even if Euston is open.

Gomper

So they travel to Manchester and leave before half time to get to Piccadilly before 90 minutes? BS.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
So they travel to Manchester and leave before half time to get to Piccadilly before 90 minutes? BS.
Whatever. They were comparing what time they left all of them in my carriage before 90 mins. Utter plastic.

Not half time. Full time. They left while a match with their biggest rivals was still underway. No excuse.

Established Member
Whatever. They were comparing what time they left all of them in my carriage before 90 mins. Utter plastic.

Not half time. Full time. They left while a match with their biggest rivals was still underway. No excuse.
The cup game went to extra time so I assume If they had seats on specific train they had to leave early. Not that I am defending them in anyway shape or form.

norbitonflyer

Established Member
The cup game went to extra time so I assume If they had seats on specific train they had to leave early. Not that I am defending them in anyway shape or form.
The risk you take with an Advance ticket. At least it's not Newcastle, as LNER have abolished the alternative.