• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ex-Blackpool Corporation PD3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistler40145

Established Member
On Tuesday afternoon I saw a Leyland PD3 being towed along the M55 near Kirkham, the said bus had most of its bodywork missing, but was painted in dark red & white. Does anyone know who owns it & the reason it was on the M55?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BestWestern

Established Member
On Tuesday afternoon I saw a Leyland PD3 being towed along the M55 near Kirkham, the said bus had most of its bodywork missing, but was painted in dark red & white. Does anyone know who owns it & the reason it was on the M55?

Possibly on it's way to BusWorks or the LTT's premises for resto? Just a thought!

ChrisCooper

Established Member
What a surprise! We don't want anything vaguely resembling 'heritage' around the place, people might catch something :roll:

I don't know, they might get some Dartmasters, fit them with platform doors and call them "heritage".
Really think they will be selling off Rigby Road in the near future. Starr Gate is more than capable of taking the small fleet of retained trams.

BestWestern

Established Member
I don't know, they might get some Dartmasters, fit them with platform doors and call them "heritage".
Really think they will be selling off Rigby Road in the near future. Starr Gate is more than capable of taking the small fleet of retained trams.

Well I wouldn't be at all surprised, but I think they might struggle to find a buyer? Property development is out of favour at the moment, and I seem to recall that it may be listed? Could be wrong. It's obviously also attached to the adjacent bus depot so more likely they'll use it for that I'd imagine :|

Status
Not open for further replies.