• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ex-NIR Coaches at Dundalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steddenm

About three weeks ago there was a rake of old NIR Mk2 coaches in sidings on the northbound side of Dundalk Railway Station in Ireland in a state of disrepair and old NIR blue and grey livery (see attached pic), yet on Friday they have gone and the sidings are now clear of not only those but also the IÉ DMUs that are usually stabled there.

Does anyone know where the coaches have gone and how they were moved? The staff at Dundalk said they were there one night when they locked up, but had gone by the morning, which if they went by road (?) surely this would take longer?

Thanks in advance.

20230107_134219.jpg
(The NIR coaches can be seen in the background)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

danm14

About three weeks ago there was a rake of old NIR Mk2 coaches in sidings on the northbound side of Dundalk Railway Station in Ireland in a state of disrepair and old NIR blue and grey livery (see attached pic)
I can't see the photo very well, but they look like the same coaches that were there in early 2019 when I last took a train from Dundalk Railway Station - which at that stage had been there for at least two or three years

Steddenm

I can't see the photo very well, but they look like the same coaches that were there in early 2019 when I last took a train from Dundalk Railway Station - which at that stage had been there for at least two or three years
Yeah they have been there for quite a while. Maybe the old GatX stock they had?

Status
Not open for further replies.