• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Excessing advance ticket to anytime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten2340

Hi,

Can this be done. I am currently have an advance ticket from Leeds to Newcastle on Friday at 17:50 but my travel plans have changed (I'm on a training course that looks like it will finish at 3pm). Can i excess my ticket to an anytime or do I need to buy a whole new ticket?

The advance cost £26.50.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Yes you can at any ticket office provided it is done before departure of the booked train. I believe a £10 fee will be due.

The one downside is that it will retain its TOC restriction.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Hi,

Can this be done. I am currently have an advance ticket from Leeds to Newcastle on Friday at 17:50 but my travel plans have changed (I'm on a training course that looks like it will finish at 3pm). Can i excess my ticket to an anytime or do I need to buy a whole new ticket?

The advance cost £26.50.
Where did you buy your ticket from? If bought online, usually you can request an amendment for a fee, typically of £10 (IIRC CrossCountry charge no fee whilst Chiltern charge £5). If bought at a ticket office, I think you can also do this, again for a fee of £10.

Some retailers or ticket offices may process the change by refunding your 'non-refundable' Advance and then selling you the new ticket, plus the £10 fee. But yes, in general, you can excess an Advance to an Anytime provided it is done before the booked train.

BluePenguin

On Moderation
Looks like you've already been given the answer to your question but I'm pleased to hear that you managed to print off the ticket in question in the other thread. Hopefully you are able to print it off at home or are able to creep back into the office without setting off the alarm

Kryten2340

Looks like you've already been given the answer to your question but I'm pleased to hear that you managed to print off the ticket in question in the other thread. Hopefully you are able to print it off at home or are able to creep back into the office without setting off the alarm

Yeah I managed to print it off at home..

Even better news, the kind folk at the Leeds travel centre have excessed my ticket to an earlier train for the £10 admin fee. So a result all round and a prime example of speaking to the ticket office before you travel rather than chancing it on an earlier train (not that I would ever do that).

Kryten2340

Have they indeed.
Yep. They printed a £0 change of journey ticket and stapled it to the original and just charged the £10 fee.

Assuming the ticket office have done this in error o take it I shouldn't run into any issues on the train as it's been been done by am authorised party?

island

Veteran Member
If you have been issued it by a ticket office and authorised to travel, that should be the end of the matter. Whether it will or not is quite a different question.

Status
Not open for further replies.