• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Exciting itinerary! Dover to Plumstead

Class800

Established Member
This Saturday advance single Dover to Plumstead (never had an advance on Southeastern before!)

Dover Priory 21.18
Rainham (Kent) 22.24
Rainham (Kent) 22.28 (platform 1 to platform 0 - no need to cross bridge)
Gravesend 22.57
Gravesend 23.04 (platform 1 to platform 0 - got to cross bridge this time)
Plumstead 23.38

Two sub-ten minute connections and it's the last through itinerary of the night. If there's a missed, I can only get as far as Dartford. Let's see how this goes! Recent time trains isn't being too optimistic about the timeliness of the Dover service. I think if I miss anywhere, it's Rainham not Gravesend?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hkstudent

Established Member
This Saturday advance single Dover to Plumstead (never had an advance on Southeastern before!)

Dover Priory 21.18
Rainham (Kent) 22.24
Rainham (Kent) 22.28 (platform 1 to platform 0 - no need to cross bridge)
Gravesend 22.57
Gravesend 23.04 (platform 1 to platform 0 - got to cross bridge this time)
Plumstead 23.38

Two sub-ten minute connections and it's the last through itinerary of the night. If there's a missed, I can only get as far as Dartford. Let's see how this goes! Recent time trains isn't being too optimistic about the timeliness of the Dover service. I think if I miss anywhere, it's Rainham not Gravesend?
You don’t need to be too worried. Just in case of missing the connection at Gravesend, it’s possible to carry on to Dartford and catch another Plumstead service which starts at Dartford.

Also, there’s no need to cross the bridge at Gravesend, there’s a platform extension connecting both platforms at country end.

Class800

Established Member
You don’t need to be too worried. Just in case of missing the connection at Gravesend, it’s possible to carry on to Dartford and catch another Plumstead service which starts at Dartford.

Also, there’s no need to cross the bridge at Gravesend, there’s a platform extension connecting both platforms at country end.
Thanks for the advice about Gravesend, hadn't noticed it before. I don't think there's another Plumstead service if I miss the connection at Rainham. I'm not worried. Just a bit of a tight connection