• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fare Anomoly - Glasgow Q. St. - Fort William

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It's because it's a ticket using some sort of offer that is only available for Children. If you put 0 adults and 1 child, you get the proper fare which is £2.

For another example, take a look at many "Kids for a Quid" offers (BAA-London Terminals being one such example).

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I am assuming that it is not possible to have the system display a ticket type which applies to a child only, so the actual price for the ticket is set really high to ensure that it is never sold to an adult.

laseandre

Established Member
Unless he/she doesn't care about spending £999 on a rail ticket to Fort William.

dan_atki

Established Member
I remember reading some disclaimer (presumably unofficial) when Avantix 95 was found that stated all fares in the system for £999 are fictitious and do not exist. I assume that, as Mojo as already said, these fares are for the operation of the system.

Saying that, though, I'm sure there are cases where if you incorrectly select an adult or a child for a ticket it comes up 'No fares for these parameters' or however it's worded as opposed to the £999 'fare'.

Status
Not open for further replies.