• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fares not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

VideozVideoz

I am trying to book a train for tomorrow morning but TPE tickets are not showing. Their social media team are not being helpful and they’ve asked me to speak to station staff. The trip is tomorrow not now! Can anyone shed any light on why tickets wouldn’t be showing for these 6.26 and 7.26 trains?

Attachments

• 2BA091AF-4E7C-467C-AF32-7A52D14793BD.jpeg
    2BA091AF-4E7C-467C-AF32-7A52D14793BD.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 1639395B-5226-4B7F-ACC0-C5FA5ECFD932.png
    1639395B-5226-4B7F-ACC0-C5FA5ECFD932.png
    370.3 KB · Views: 54
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Middle

Likely been marked compulsory reservation and then reservations closed due to the expected disruption. This would mean they wouldn't show as available to purchase

VideozVideoz

There’s plenty of trains but the TPE timing was the most convenient for me. I did think maybe they’ll get cancelled, hence no ticket sales

Dai Corner

Established Member
Just for reference

What’s happening?

The Met Office has issued an extreme heat warning between Sunday 17 July and Tuesday 19 July, which will also impact on TransPennine Express rail services as a number of planned heat speed restrictions will be implemented by Network Rail.

As a result of those speed restrictions, TPE will be running an amended train plan on Monday 18 July and Tuesday 19 July, with customer advised only to travel if absolutely necessary on those days.

Due to the speed restrictions in place, journeys will take longer, and delays and cancellations are likely. Customers are also advised to be prepared for the hot weather by bringing water and sunscreen with them, as well as checking their journey very carefully before travelling.

What will happen if I am due to travel on Monday 18 or Tuesday 19 July?

Our advice to customers is to only travel if absolutely necessary on these dates, as the heat-related speed restrictions will significantly reduce the timetable we are able to operate. As fewer trains will be running, our services are likely to be very busy, and journey times will be increased.

Customers can check their journeys via the TPE website: tpexpress.co.uk/travel-updates or at nationalrail.co.uk. Customers may defer their journeys to either Wednesday 20 or Thursday 21 July 2022 or a full refund may be obtained with no admin fee at: tpexpress.co.uk/help/refunds

Anyone that experiences a delay while travelling may be entitled to compensation with more information available at: tpexpress.co.uk/help/delay-repay-compensation

Advice if you are travelling

If you are travelling on Monday 18 or Tuesday 19 July, we have some advice on how you can look after yourself and stay cool whilst travelling.

• Stay hydrated- carry a bottle of water with you and keep it topped up as you travel.
  • Try to keep in the shade where possible; if you have to go out into the sunlight, remember to apply sunscreen and wear a hat.
  • Wear loose, lightweight fabrics
  • If you start to feel ill, inform a staff member; we’ll do what we can to help you.

Fokx

Likely been marked compulsory reservation and then reservations closed due to the expected disruption. This would mean they wouldn't show as available to purchase
Exactly this.

All advance sales (including normal fares) have been suspended for TPE as passengers are advised NOT to travel

Tickets will be available on the day from ticket machines, booking offices or the guard only.

Last edited:

TUC

Established Member
Exactly this.

All advance sales (including normal fares) have been suspended as passengers are advised NOT to travel

Tickets will be available on the day from ticket machines, booking offices or the guard only.
A cynic could say it's a good excuse to charge higher fares for the day.

bcarmicle

A cynic could say it's a good excuse to charge higher fares for the day.
That assumes that all other operators have also withdrawn all Advances (I haven't checked whether that's the case), as otherwise they'll just lose revenue to the other TOCs, and that the increase in average fare value will offset the decrease in number of fares sold.

Plus, they don't need an excuse to just withdraw Advance fares if they feel like it; it's a revenue management technique after all.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
That assumes that all other operators have also withdrawn all Advances (I haven't checked whether that's the case), as otherwise they'll just lose revenue to the other TOCs, and that the increase in average fare value will offset the decrease in number of fares sold.
They've not, I bought an advance for Avanti from Carlisle to Glasgow tomorrow (well aware it probably won't run, but delay repay will be nice and I'm in no rush, provided I get there by Tuesday morning!)

VideozVideoz

Exactly this.

All advance sales (including normal fares) have been suspended as passengers are advised NOT to travel

Not true, I have just bought advance fare from Northern for same journey for £7 as per original screenshot!

EDIT: And as per previous poster, also bought Avanti Preston-Carlisle advance for a bargain £8.50

Fokx

Not true, I have just bought advance fare from Northern for same journey for £7 as per original screenshot!

EDIT: And as per previous poster, also bought Avanti Preston-Carlisle advance for a bargain £8.50
Sorry, I meant specifically for TPE

Status
Not open for further replies.