• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fast Overground services from Cheshunt - 20/1

Dave W

I live near Bury Street Junction and with the wind in the right direction can hear the trains clattering the points - this morning I noted an unusually high number and RTT revealed a number of VSTP service trains running Cheshunt-Seven Sisters-Liv St (screenshot of services through Edmonton Green attached).

What's the story here? They seem to disappear around 11am.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240120_095143_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240120_095143_Chrome.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 120
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
They are probably Greater Anglia trains mislabelled as Overground.

No service north of Cheshunt today due to engineering works. Line via Tottenham Hale currently closed due to overhead line damage. So the every 15 minute shuttle service will be diverted via Seven Sisters at present.

Dave W

They are probably Greater Anglia trains mislabelled as Overground.

No service north of Cheshunt today due to engineering works. Line via Tottenham Hale currently closed due to overhead line damage. So the every 15 minute shuttle service will be diverted via Seven Sisters at present.

Excellent, thanks! 8-)

hozza94

I saw one of those running on Saturday at Bethnal Green.

They are definitely GA shuttle services which was to connect to RRBs at Waltham Cross but as mentioned, they were diverted.