• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FCC Engineering Apprentice Salary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan9

Hello, I've had a look around everywhere but I can't seem to find the information I'm looking for, hope someone here can give me some details.

I have a first interview/assessment with FFC soon for this position, however it doesn't state the salary like some others do, does anyone know what it is over the four years? Also when you're qualified what salary can you expect?

Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

W230

Established Member
Is this based at a depot (ie Cauldwell or the soonish to be opened ones)?

There were a couple of ex-fitters on my drivers course a few years back. I think they were on around 37k basic but earned up to 50k banging the overtime in.

I imagine this will have gone up a bit but no idea what the training salary is sorry! :)

Ryan9

Sorry the link doesn't take you to the page any more as the vacancy has expired, however it says that it is based in Hornsey. The position is:

Engineering Apprentice

First Capital Connect Ltd (FCC) is a dynamic and progressive company, powered by a great team of dedicated and professional people. Our aim is to deliver a great journey every day by getting the basics right for our customers and providing a train service which is punctual and reliable, clean and safe. FCC employs over 2,400 staff based at around 100 locations. We operate trains between London, Brighton, Bedford, Peterborough, Cambridge and King’s Lynn over the UK’s busiest rail network.

A global company, First Capital Connect Ltd is part of FirstGroup plc, the world’s leading transport operator with revenues of over £6 billion. FirstGroup employ over 130,000 staff throughout the UK and North America and transport some 2.5 billion passengers a year.

We have an excellent opportunity within our Engineering Department for three Engineering Apprentices.

We’ll give you the extensive training needed to become a Train Maintainer - one of the highly skilled workers who play a key role in servicing our fleet of modern trains and carry out maintenance and fault diagnosis of systems and equipment.

You will be given the opportunity to develop a set of skills that could see the beginning of your career in engineering.

You’ll receive both practical and academic training that ultimately leads to a universally recognised qualification - City & Guilds Level 3 in Engineering; NVQ Level 3 in Engineering Maintenance; Key Skills Level 2.

You’ll need to be 16 or older, with GCSE passes in Maths, English and a Science subject.

Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following in their application

A practical interest in engineering.
A high level of motivation and enthusiasm for completing tasks.
That you are committed to a career in engineering which will start with the completion of a four year apprenticeship.
We would also like to see how you have worked in a team before (perhaps through hobbies or projects you have worked on).
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary and comprehensive ongoing training; your benefits will include subsidise travel on our network and on other TOCs (train operating companies, privilege rate Oyster card, final salary pension and much more.

Oh right, well anything close to that would be great. Thanks anyway.

I am really interested in this sort of job but I would just like to know the salary so I could then potentially plan my life whilst I would be training. I have to call them up today for something else, so I was thinking I could ask them what the salary was then, but at the same time I don't really like the thought of how it would sound from their end if I'm honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.