• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FCC Engineering Apprenticeship Interview - advice sought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NXEA!

I posted this on WNXX sometime ago but got no reply, so I was wondering if any of you kind souls on here could help me out!

On the 25th (this coming Tuesday) I have an assessment day with FCC for their Engineering Apprenticeship. My first question is that on the email it says 'You must report to 60 Cannon Street, London at 9.15am' however the document attached shows a building near Moorgate station... So does anyone know if it is indeed 60 Cannon Street I go to for the interview? Sounds stupid, but I only want to be sure!

Also on the email it says 'On the day of the assessment you will be required to complete a range of tests. This will consist of a situational exercise, a team exercise and group activity. Please do not worry about these tests as full instructions will be given on the day.'. Can anybody advise me what sort of tests and assessments I should expect on the day, as well as any questions they may ask me? And lastly, to make sure I do my best in these tests and assessments what sort of information should I research for the interview/assessment? Things to do with the company itself, or should I try and show my knowledge of the actual rolling stock types I would be working on, as well as showing my awareness of the upcoming changes due to the Thameslink programme? I'm getting nervous now as I really want this job but I have no clue of what to expect, so if anyone would be kind enough to help me out, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

W230

Established Member
On the 25th (this coming Tuesday) I have an assessment day with FCC for their Engineering Apprenticeship. My first question is that on the email it says 'You must report to 60 Cannon Street, London at 9.15am' however the document attached shows a building near Moorgate station... So does anyone know if it is indeed 60 Cannon Street I go to for the interview? Sounds stupid, but I only want to be sure!
When I had driver assessments for FCC I think they were at the same place. I also think that this is where FCC hold a lot of their recruitment/assessment events.

Nearest tube is either Mansion House or Bank, with Cannon Street railway station very close too. I think I went in and reported to reception, where they then send you up to the 3rd or 4th floor.

Can't help you much about the content of the interview though - sorry!

NXEA!

Thank you very much W230! That's a start, at least I definitely know where it is now. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.