• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW HST Coach L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Hello, Have just booked a 1st Advance Single London Paddington-Exeter St David's, travelling on the FGW 10.06 Penzance service on 31/5/14. The reservation stub shows Seat 10 Coach L. My query is I cannot find any reference to a coach L on a FGW HST set, could anyone enlighten me on this? Regards, Steve.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Hello, Have just booked a 1st Advance Single London Paddington-Exeter St David's, travelling on the FGW 10.06 Penzance service on 31/5/14. The reservation stub shows Seat 10 Coach L. My query is I cannot find any reference to a coach L on a FGW HST set, could anyone enlighten me on this? Regards, Steve.

There are changes presently happening to do with the reduced first class capacity, no idea what the effect is on booking systems. Apparently the lettering is being changed and there'll be a gap in the sequence of letters.

One thing that occurred, is that perhaps the refitted first coaches will have 'unique seat numbering' rather than dual numbering (facing/back to travel), and they need to differentiate the systems?

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Many thanks for your quick reply, it had crossed my mind that it may have been something to do with the forthcoming reduction of 1st class seating on the 125s, but your opinion does put my mind at rest somewhat.Thanks again, Steve.

34D

Established Member
What are the FGW changes? Do we have a thread with the info?

34D

Established Member
Thanks. So will the First class coaches be a TF and a TRFM as now, or will we see a TC (trailer composite) created?

Julian Hornby

Not too sure I'm afraid. I'm still studying the matter. I'll get back to you when I have more information.
Have a nice evening,
Julian

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
What are the FGW changes? Do we have a thread with the info?

Yes we do, in the rolling stock forum: http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=97893

Thanks. So will the First class coaches be a TF and a TRFM as now, or will we see a TC (trailer composite) created?

There are two variants depending on whether or not they started with the full buffet, as mentioned in the other thread, which is where any discussion of the rolling stock should continue please...

Last edited:

leo_pbf

Are seating plans available anywhere for the new lay-out? I can't find anything online.

Status
Not open for further replies.