• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Field SDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark1503

Afternoon wonderful people!

After a bit of info regarding field Service Delivery Manager role advertised with NR.

I’m assuming it’s a MOM line management role but any info would be appreciated, including if anyone knows whether it is shift work, mobile etc.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The One

I want to say a MOM goes out to incidents on the infrastructure and Delivery Manager will be in charge of certain departments but sure a MOM is still called a MOM and these days I believe there are LOM too

I am sure I will be corrected if wrong but that’s my belief sorry could not be more precise

FSDM is part of a transformation in Network Rail, 21st Century Ops. The role is in effect a LOM but is now 24/7, to provide support and line management to MOMs throughout the above mentioned time period.

LOM Response is a great role, so this should be good.

The FSDM will cover a number of MOM offices so in effect, you are responsible for response over an area and not just one office.

Mark1503

Excellent, thanks for the info, sort of what I was thinking but that was just me guessing! Sounds like a pretty decent role

The Puddock

FSDM is part of a transformation in Network Rail, 21st Century Ops. The role is in effect a LOM but is now 24/7, to provide support and line management to MOMs throughout the above mentioned time period.

LOM Response is a great role, so this should be good.

The FSDM will cover a number of MOM offices so in effect, you are responsible for response over an area and not just one office.
Is this part of the Anglia Route trial? I thought that had been binned as unworkable. Very surprised in any case that has been advertised externally.

Is this part of the Anglia Route trial? I thought that had been binned as unworkable. Very surprised in any case that has been advertised externally.

Yep - I had heard the same around 6 months ago but someone must like it, as it’s been extended.

Oh just proves how out of date I am with the modern railway lol

Not at all! You was correct, FSDM is just the new name for the LOM and is now 24/7.

At Liverpool St it’s now Shift Delivery Supervisor for Shift Signalling Manager, with the signalling LOM now becoming Shift Delivery Manager (again now 24/7).

Status
Not open for further replies.