• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fight on a train over masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaitransit

That kind of behaviour here in Australia especially involving train staff would resulted in the train terminating at the next station with police attending to arrest such aggressive offenders who would find themselves facing a $5000 fine and upto 2 years in prison.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

takno

Established Member
That kind of behaviour here in Australia especially involving train staff would resulted in the train terminating at the next station with police attending to arrest such aggressive offenders who would find themselves facing a $5000 fine and upto 2 years in prison.
I've heard that the Australian state likes to overreact to things.

Nobody is saying this is a good situation, but it's reasonable to observe that York-Leeds and vv trains on weekend evenings can often be a fairly robust environment. If it does kick off, then it's not worth taking much notice of whatever was meant to have triggered the fight. Ultimately that whole thing just isn't news.

contrex

In Tesco the other day I was approached by an assistant (who certainly knew me as a regular customer). 'Would you like a mask Sir?'. 'Exempt' said I poking out my government lanyard. 'Found on the internet? But you are not really exempt.' I controlled my temper thankfully but it upset me for an hour or so afterwards. What a cheek. I notice thought that the latest signs outside Tesco don't mention exemptions at all.
I got rudely challenged by a First Bus (Bristol) driver who said the gov.uk card on my lanyard which I had laminated was 'the wrong colour' (it was blue text on white background and he said it should be t'other way about) and it was 'the law' and he could refuse to let me ride. I produced my Fostair inhaler (4 uses daily plus as needed) and a printout from Asthma UK saying I would be exempt from wearing a face covering. In the end he grudgingly said 'OK just this once'. I took it up with First Bus, identifying the stop, route, and time, and got an apology and an assurance that the driver in question had been given 'words of advice'. Apart from that no trouble including Tesco and M&S. A guy in Lidl said 'if you need any help let us know'.

Status
Not open for further replies.