• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Finally!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

red2005

After being turned down at final interview for Greater Anglia not so long back for a trainee drivers Job(that would have meant me moving the other side do the country if successful) I was absolutely gutted as it was the furthest in the process I'd been and it's a job I have wanted for many a year!

Well 2 weeks after the above failure my local company advertised and I'm happy to say after lots of hard work,competition and fantastic advice on here I was finally offered the job with my local company!!!! Never been a believer in 'meant to be' as I feel you make your own luck but it does have a weird feeling at the moment!!

Once again just wanted to say thank you to the people on here who have given me the advice and kick up the arse I needed at times as I wouldn't have got there without your help and also the people who have had knock backs.......keep trying as perseverance is key!

Thanks again guys

Jft96

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bigbear

well done, thats good news, dissapointment can handle perseverance as they say, ive been trying for 13 months now with various toc,s, the good thing ive passed stage 1 and stage 2 a couple of months ago, so knocking on doors now hoping one will open for me, but again well done for getting there....

red2005

I think your right perserverence is definitely the key matey!!! Fab news on your passes you'll definitely get there!!:)

I've just been the victim of timing over the years been trying since 08......took my old tests privately with db back in 2010 two months before hundreds of drivers took redundancy and then toc's swallowed them all up and their were no trainee vacancies for about 18 months

Then the tests changed so had to take new ones and just had no joy as as soon as the trainee vacancies started appearing again every man and his dog applied

AND THEN........took them in August last year failed final interview, the tests changed AGAIN in September and had to take them again to get the job eventually!!im sure trying to get this job has took a few years off me but from the people I've spoken to they say it's worth it he he

Good luck again pal hope you finally get it :)

Jydo

Well done mate, its all about timing, im a great believer in being in the right place at the right time

red2005

Thanks for the kind words!!:) I think it's just one of those positions were everything just has to go for you throughout the whole process really and that includes luck!....I think this and firefighting must be 2 of the hardest positions to get into in terms of competition and the recruitment process but much like in football when certain things happen at certain times you get a feeling of 'my names on the cup'

I certainly didn't get that feeling throughout my process I just plugged away got my head down and just tried to see where that took me!.....fortunately it's paid off and once again I can only say I doubt I'd of got it without the advice of the people on here..... This site is a godsend and I'd recommend it to anyone no matter what role they are applying for on the railway :)

mick2472

Nice one. Im currently a firefighter waiting to hear how my interview to be a driver last week went ;)

Saltire

Well done Glen, I'm also a firefighter and you're right the process and number of applicants are very similar - I've done the Firefighter bit so hopefully I can do the Train Driver bit :)

ultra4

After being turned down at final interview for Greater Anglia not so long back for a trainee drivers Job(that would have meant me moving the other side do the country if successful) I was absolutely gutted as it was the furthest in the process I'd been and it's a job I have wanted for many a year!

Well 2 weeks after the above failure my local company advertised and I'm happy to say after lots of hard work,competition and fantastic advice on here I was finally offered the job with my local company!!!! Never been a believer in 'meant to be' as I feel you make your own luck but it does have a weird feeling at the moment!!

Once again just wanted to say thank you to the people on here who have given me the advice and kick up the arse I needed at times as I wouldn't have got there without your help and also the people who have had knock backs.......keep trying as perseverance is key!

Thanks again guys

Jft96

Well done!
It is a one wonderful feeling, isn't it?

red2005

Thanks guys!!.... Spooky as I was retained before I joined the railway and got an amazing insight as to why people want that job but also saw why it's only for some people!!given the distressing sights I saw! Firefighters are an amazing race of people :)

Well good luck to you guys I'm sure you'll be fine!.....I bet you were overflowing with examples in the structured interview weren't you mick given what your job is??......good luck to you both anyway I'm sure you'll nail it :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Yes ultra it certainly is!!i just don't know when it actually sinks in!!!....it certainly hasn't yet lol

SPADTrap

Established Member

Thanks again guys

Jft96

When was you at Greater Anglia's assessment?

red2005

August 6th spad!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just keep trying Mick lad that's the one I failed not so long back

Status
Not open for further replies.