• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Capital Connect Data Protection Breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzer

Established Member
I appreciate them waving the travel irregularity payment. I had received a court summons dated a few days earlier but i have contacted the Prosecutions Manager and he has confirmed that I won't have to attend.

Guessing they're trying to encourage you not to take THEM to court over the DPA breach? ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Are FCC writing to everyone affected I or only those who receive these mysterious letters and contact them, I wonder.

westcoaster

Established Member
There is a long history of apparent disgruntled FCC (ex-)employees 'whistleblowing' about incorrect practices within FCC.

Is it all just one person causing trouble? Or is there a big problem within FCC leading to several (ex-)employees exposing bad practice?

Pretty much one person venting as has been said in other posts.

A-driver

Established Member
Pretty much one person venting as has been said in other posts.

Although he has been 'joined' by a couple of other 'twits' who have either set up anti-FCC accounts or who have been blocked by FCC for using foul language and personal insults against the twitter team.

Whilst they have some genuine points against FCC sadly it's all diluted with ill informed rubbish accusing FCC of things they are actually not responsible for.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
The only thing in the letter I wouldn't agree with is the part about sensitive data not being compromised, because from the training I've had in data protection I was under the impression that address details are considered to be sensitive data. I'm not sure if there are different definitions out there but in this case I'm assuming that they're referring to bank details etc. I agree that it could have been a lot worse.

The Information Commissioner's Office generally refer to Personal Data (name, address, date of birth etc) and Sensitive Personal Data:

ICO said:
Sensitive personal data means personal data consisting of information as to -

(a) the racial or ethnic origin of the data subject,
(b) his political opinions,
(c ) his religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature,
(d) whether he is a member of a trade union (within the meaning of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992),
(e) his physical or mental health or condition,
(f) his sexual life,
(g) the commission or alleged commission by him of any offence, or
(h) any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by him, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.

http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/the_guide/key_definitions

Muzer

Established Member
g) would surely qualify in this case implicitly, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.