• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Class Declassified query

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Is one allowed to travel in 1st class, with a Standard class ticket on the 458 units which sometimes operate to Shepperton?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
In addition, aren’t the 458s being downgraded again to standard only for the December Timetable change, as the whole Windsor side and main suburban service groups will be standard only? So I guess the limited number of 458 operated services that go to other destinations such as Alton will lose their first as well.

All they did last time was remove the signs and the antimacas so not a lot to do. Are they still going to do this despite the timetable changes being postponed

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Ok thank you, I thought it was ok, but it was queried a few days ago?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
All they did last time was remove the signs and the antimacas so not a lot to do. Are they still going to do this despite the timetable changes being postponed
The change is because the 701s should start being introduced on the routes without first during 2019. That will presumably be independent of the timetable problems.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Ok thank you, I thought it was ok, but it was queried a few days ago?
Is that a question? Queried by who?

If the train is advertised as only conveying standard class this means there is no first class accommodation on the train . Any such accommodation can either be closed to passengers or available to all.

If I was ever asked to pay an excess of be tempted to pay it and claim a refund to ensure the staff member was given appropriate advice and training by the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.