• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Class upgrades using Seatfrog

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBP

This morning I travelled from Doncaster to King's Cross and got one for £35, which is just over what I paid for my original ticket (£31.20)! When I checked availability yesterday it said starting bid £25 or I could bypass the auction and "buy it now" for £35 so I did that. The busier the train, the higher the starting price, I would guess.

I think LNER Weekend First is £25 from Doncaster to London. Upgrading with the TM when on the train would save a tenner.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jimini

Established Member
Yep, I've bid on upgrades and then sent a screenshot to the wife for her to use, without any issues. I'd imagine the same would apply for a print off of the QR code -- same data after all.

AY1975

Established Member
Travelling back from London on Sunday I got an upgrade for just £10 on the 18.53 Grand Central from King's Cross. When I looked on Seatfrog on Saturday evening it said starting price £5 or you could "buy it now" for £10, so I did that. Considering that I'd been offered a starting price of £25 or "buy it now" for £35 for my journey to London on Saturday morning I was pleasantly surprised to get it much more cheaply with Grand Central especially as the 18.53 GC on a Sunday seemed just as busy as my LNER train on Saturday. Maybe that reflects the less generous (though still perfectly acceptable) complimentary food and drink offering in First Class on GC compared with LNER (no hot food or even sandwiches on GC, only a hot drink and various light snacks such as a croissant or pain au chocolat).

Status
Not open for further replies.