• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Class with Virgin Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGettins

Hey Guys,

Firstly, I'll introduce myself, I'm Chris, I'm 18 years old and I've only just joined the site, I'm hoping I'll be able to get involved with posting in the forums as I've looked on this site for ages. Thanks for having me:)

Anyway,

I'm travelling first class with VT on the WCML and I was wondering if anyone could figure out what I'm likely to get from it? They advertise the complimentary food & drinks and the so called 'chef-made food' but would any of it be served in my journeys? Heres my details:

Outward:

09:17 - Preston to Crewe

10:22 - Crewe to London Euston

Inbound:

19:30 - London Euston to Preston (direct)

any help/tips/support would be greatly appreciated, and if anybody recognises me on the trains tomorrow, hello!

Thanks

Christopher

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
09:17 - Preston to Crewe
I would imagine you'd get the cereal and juices but probably not the hot breakfast due to the limited time available but it perhaps depends on loadings etc.
10:22 - Crewe to London Euston
The website isn't specific, just saying:
Brunch time just got more exciting on our Pendolino services with our new Made For You menu. Freshly prepared by one of our on board chefs, to order. There will be rotational hot and cold items as well as classics such as a hot bacon baguette and fresh fruit salad with natural yoghurt. These will be followed by a sweet treat.
19:30 - London Euston to Preston (direct)
The website is very vague on this one!
Choose from our tasty savoury options or sweet treat and fruit.
I hope they don't bring the East Coast website down to West Coast standards, or bring the East Coast offering down to West Coast standards either!
... if anybody recognises me on the trains tomorrow, hello! ...
Without a description, that might be difficult :lol:

dave87016

Established Member
Welcome to the forum Chris and its good to see another guy from Blackburn ( I live there - well Darwen to be exact) the 19:30 from Euston to Preston will be a sandwich pack which is three finger sandwiches all different flavoured , tea/coffee, Fugly biscuits alcoholic beverages, orange juice/water fruit and crisps

Hope that helps , ......im going Glasgow for some spotting first class on 22nd July 08:15am from Preston and 1840 off Glasgow
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hope you had a good day yesterday Chris

Last edited:

CGettins

I would imagine you'd get the cereal and juices but probably not the hot breakfast due to the limited time available but it perhaps depends on loadings etc.

The website isn't specific, just saying:

The website is very vague on this one!
I hope they don't bring the East Coast website down to West Coast standards, or bring the East Coast offering down to West Coast standards either!
Without a description, that might be difficult :lol:

Hi! You was right on pretty much all of these, I even got the 'full english' on the change at Crewe!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just say hello to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.